1. Tell me the truth: what made you start liking the person you like right now?
~ It was Christmas Eve 2014. Johnny had friended me on Facebook a few days prior, and he had found my blog (because I have my blog attached to my Twitter, which is, in turn, attached to my Facebook), and he found out I had mental illness(es). And it didn’t bother him. In fact, he was really inquisitive, asking me questions I’d never even been asked by psychologists before. I mean, I liked Johnny from the moment I met him, as a potential friend, but that day was somewhat of a turning point, in that I could see us having a good relationship, whether that be as friends or as boyfriend/girlfriend. So I felt very early on that Johnny would be a good person to be with. I don’t want to jinx anything, but so far, it’s been a great relationship.
2. What on your body is hurting or bothering you?
~ My right pinky toe. I broke it stubbing it hard against the ottoman Monday night. It’s all swollen and bruised now, and it still hurts a little. I also have a bit of a headache, nothing serious.
3. What was your last thought before going to bed last night?
~ “Ugh, I have to get up tomorrow morning!” I got to bed sort of late last night; see Question 29.
4. What are you listening to?
~ Kathy’s radio here at work. Right now, that Andy Grammar song is playing. “Nah nah honey I’m good/I could have another but I probably shouldn’t….” Makes me giggle, remembering Johnny and Ian lip-syncing to that song. I wonder if they even realized they were doing it. Now Taylor Swift’s “Wildest Dreams” is playing. That song now makes me smile, because I remember the gruff (male) bus driver singing along to this song. Silliness. And now it switched gears, playing Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf.” Variety – even when it’s bad, it’s good.
5. What’s something you’re not looking forward to?
~ Taking care of some personal issues at present. That includes going to see Dr. A for a routine yearly checkup and blood work; I just have to get that scheduled. Oy. And I’m not sure how to ask Doctor for an outright prescription for the wellness; he wasn’t going to prescribe it unless I had some kind of relapse, but I think it would just be better if I was on it anyway, just to stay steady.
6. Where do you think your best friend(s) is right now?
~ I know where Johnny is. He is currently in Texas, on assignment. Only today, Wednesday, he has the day off. So at present, he is probably sleeping in.
7. Have you kissed anybody in the last five days?
~ I kissed my mom on the cheek. Does that count?
8. Sex on the first date?
9. Kiss on the first date?
~ Maybe. On the cheek, though, as you’re saying good night. Maybe that.
10. Is there one person you want to be with right now?
11. Are you seriously happy with where you are in life?
~ Yes, pretty much.
12. Is there something you would like to say to someone?
~ Hmm. No, not at present.
13. What are three things you did today?
~ I woke up, I worked, and I had lunch. Snarky enough for you?
14. Would you rather sleep at a friend’s or have them over?
~ I’d rather not for either. Sleepovers weirded me out, even when I was younger.
15. What is your favorite kind of gum?
~ Extra Polar Ice.
16. Are you friends with any of your ex-boyfriends/ girlfriends?
~ That would require having an ex-boyfriend/ex-boyfriends, which I don’t, so no.
17. What is on your wrists right now?
~ An blue-and-white-beaded essential oils bracelet with lavender scent on it on my left wrist, to help keep me relaxed. I got it at Beyond Rubies last Friday and haven’t really taken it off since. Also, I’m wearing a little bit of perfume – Beauticontrol’s Love & Courage scent.
18. Ever liked someone you thought you didn’t stand a chance with?
~ Larry Estes back in 11th grade. Only Larry liked another girl, which is why I didn’t stand any chance whatsoever. It wasn’t to be me. I wish Larry well, wherever he is. In the same year, there was Earl Speechley. Crazy, cute Earl. Only Earl seemed like a ladies’ man, and I didn’t like that about him, so I didn’t stand any chance with him, either.
19. Does anyone have strong feelings for you?
20. Are you slowly drifting away from someone?
~ No. I’m closer than ever to family, becoming closer with co-workers, and close to Johnny.
21. Have you ever wasted your time on someone?
22. Can you do the alphabet in sign language?
~ Yes. Only I get D and F, G and H, and P and Q mixed up sometimes. Gotta brush up on that.
23. How have you felt today?
~ I feel fine, thank you. A little stuffy in the head, so a bit of a headache, but otherwise fine. And my toe still hurts, but it’s manageable. I can walk a lot better today than I could yesterday.
24. You receive $60 without any reason. What do you spend it on?
~ I wouldn’t spend it. I would sock it away into my savings account.
25. What is wrong with you right now?
~ Nothing at present.
26. Is there anyone you’re really disappointed in?
27. Would you rather have Starbucks or Jamba Juice right now?
~ I’m only familiar with Starbucks, so I’d say Starbucks. I thought Jamba Juice was an “SNL” sketch. It’s a real place?!? Interesting.
28. Why aren’t you in ‘love’ with your last ex anymore?
~ That would require having an ex first, so I couldn’t tell you.
29. How late did you stay up last night and why?
~ I stayed up until about midnight, because I was working on both my music project (getting songs from CD-Rs and CD-RWs) and working on a music survey which I intend to post at a later date.
30. When was the last time you talked to one of your best friends?
~ Just yesterday – Johnny and I were texting.
31. What were you doing an hour ago?
~ I was scanning. Work-related.
32. What are you looking forward to in the next month?
~ Going to Vegas with Johnny! April 13th – that’s my date of departure!
33. Are you wearing jeans right now?
~ No. Not on Mondays through Thursdays! Only on Fridays.
34. Are you a patient person?
~ For the most part. I get impatient if I’m running late for something; I get impatient waiting for people to dig fares or bus passes out of their pockets (because there is a sign posted on the bus door saying ‘Please have your fare ready’); and I get impatient when people hog the aisles in the supermarket. Other than that, I’m pretty patient.
35. Do you think you can last in a relationship for three months?
~ I can, and I have! Johnny and I have been going out since December 2014, and have officially been boyfriend/girlfriend since February 2015. So there you go.
36. Favorite color?
37. Did you have a dream last night?
~ I did, but darned if I can remember it all. Because I can’t remember all of it. It was really weird, though, let me tell you. Shaving was involved. Yes, really weird.
38. Are you wearing jeans, shorts, sweatpants, or pajama pants?
~ I am presently wearing nice black slacks for work.
39. If the person you like and your ex were in the same room, what would you do?
~ Again, that would require having an ex first. So I’m in the clear.
40. Do you love anyone who is not related to you?