1. What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
~ Green Eggs and Ham. Yes, Sam I Am.
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
~ “Daria.” Because Daria’s room is the best, with padded walls! Besides, it is a beautiful house.
3. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
~ Three days, back when I was an angst-ridden teenager.
4. What’s your favorite Barry Manilow song?
~ The only one I know – “Copacabana.” Or, as the Minions sing it, “Bella Banana!”
5. Who’s your favorite Muppet?
~ Gonzo. I used to like Scooter and Janice, back when I was younger. But I love Gonzo, because he’s one of a kind.
6. What’s the habit you are proudest of breaking?
~ I got over biting my nails.
7. What’s your favorite website?
~ WordPress, duh!
8. What’s your favorite school supply?
~ They are all awesome! I loved getting new school supplies in the fall, especially pencils and notebooks.
9. Who’s your favorite TV attorney?
~ Eep. I don’t know! I don’t watch a lot of TV.
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
~ A weekend excursion to IL with Mom and Youngest Brother.
11. What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
~ An $80 pair of jeans for $14. That was on thredup.com.
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
~ *takes a breath* Okay. I was matriculating for college for the first time on September 11, 2001. That involved standardized testing for three hours in the morning, and a ceremony for another two hours in the afternoon. The most I’d heard all day were preliminary reports of a bus crash in New York, a plane crash in Pennsylvania, and a fire at the Pentagon, and I remember thinking “What is up with the world lately?” (Know that at that time, the dorms did not have cable yet for the semester – only the common areas did.) I honestly didn’t have any clue about what had happened until about 3:00 that day, when I finally got a moment to myself and called Mom at home. And then I learned the horrible truth.
13. What’s your favorite tree?
~ Um, I don’t know. Christmas?
14. What’s the most interesting biography you’ve read?
~ James Earl Jones’. Coolness.
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
~ Ah, but there is American Chinese food as well, which is what I usually get (shrimp with lobster sauce). I don’t know if I’ve ever really had Chinese food before.
16. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
~ A spider queen! That was fun!
17. What’s your least favorite word?
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
~ Either Illinois or Colorado. *shrug* Don’t know why.
19. Who’s your favorite Care Bear?
~ I don’t know! I was more a Rainbow Brite girl.
20. Describe something that’s happened to you for which you have no explanation.
~ My glasses went missing once. I was going to get a shower, and I put my glasses in the bathroom on the corner of the counter. When I got back from my shower, my glasses were gone. No one had moved them or even knew I had put them there. A couple months later, we found them in the cabinets under the sink. Weirdness!
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
~ A safari in the Serengeti. That would be pretty cool.
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
~ I had chips, cottage cheese, fruit, and chocolate pudding, and skim milk to drink.
23. Where do you go for advice?
~ Either Mom, Older Sister, or Johnny.
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
~ I use both pretty equally.
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
~ No. I’m not that adventurous. Yet.
26. Have you ever been stung by a bee?
~ Yes. Dratted thing. You know the old adage, “bees will only sting if provoked”? Well, I sure as hell wasn’t doing anything to it! It landed on my outstretched hand, and I held still, because I mistook it for a big brown firefly. Until it stung me. Must’ve had a grudge or some personal sting quota to fill or something.
27. What’s the sickest you’ve ever been?
~ I was recently knocked out for about a month with a couple throat infections. I basically missed four days of work because of it.
28. What’s your favorite form of exercise?
~ I like walking, running, swimming, biking, or body pump.
29. What’s your favorite Cyndi Lauper song?
~ No offense meant, but I really don’t have one.
30. What did you do for your 13th birthday?
~ Nothing memorable. Just cake and family. That’s it.
31. Are you afraid of heights?
~ Yes, but not in the worst way.
32. Have you ever taken dance lessons?
~ Not willingly. We had dance classes in gym, which I hated. I have no rhythm.
33. What’s your favorite newspaper?
~ Any of them, as long as there are interesting headlines that can be cut out and saved for later.
34. What’s your favorite Broadway musical?
~ “Phantom of the Opera.” I would have said “Jesus Christ Superstar,” but sorry, that’s a rock opera! There is a difference!
35. What’s the most memorable class you’ve ever taken?
~ Creative writing.
36. What’s your favorite knock knock joke?
37. What’s your favorite commercial?
~ One of my favorite commercials ever was the Tabasco commercial where the mosquito drank the guys’ blood and then exploded. Classic.
38. If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be?
~ Well, I wouldn’t subject Sarah Vowell to a second visit, tee hee. So not Sarah Vowell. I really don’t know, to tell you the truth.
39. Do you prefer baths or showers?
40. Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?
~ Uck! Now I’m singing that song in my head! Thanks a heap!
41. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
~ Toast or fruit.
42. Who’s your favorite game show host?
~ Richard Dawson from old school “Family Feud” really cracks me up. And Paul Lynde from “Hollywood Squares” was good, too, even though he wasn’t the host, but the center square is basically the main draw!
43. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
~ Telepathy, telekinesis, or flight.
44. Do you like guacamole?
45. Have you ever been in a food fight?
46. Name five songs to which you know all the lyrics. (Better yet, sing them.)
~ I know a lot of lyrics to a lot of songs. More than five! So, just assume I know a lot of lyrics.
47. What’s your favorite infomercial?
~ Don’t have one. But Mike Rowe was usually pretty good at being snarky.
48. What’s the longest you’ve ever waited in line?
~ Over an hour for the Black Anaconda water ride at Wisconsin Dells. Remember, Johnny? But it was well worth the wait!
49. What’s on the cover of your address book or day planner?
~ I don’t have an address book or day planner. I just have my phone.
50. Have you ever taken a picture in one of those little booths?