Told you I wouldn’t post another one of these unless I found one. And I found one, tee hee. It’s short, only 20 questions.
1. Name 5 things you want for Christmas this year.
~ I like to be surprised when it comes to Christmas gifts. I know what I would like, and I’ve let people know, but I won’t say out loud on the blog here what I want.
2. What does your stocking look like?
~ It’s cute and red – see below. Held by my designated Christmas stocking holder. (This is actually an old picture; we don’t have the stockings up this year, because of the destructive kitties.)
3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
~ Just wait for it….
4. What does your family do on Christmas Eve?
~ We get together and hunker down and just linger in the anticipation. For a couple Christmas Eves, we made Chef Boyardee pizzas and watched “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” but that ‘tradition’ didn’t stick. In recent years, we’ve tried to play games together; whether board games, card games, or video games is up to us.
5. What does your family do on Christmas morning, afternoon, and night?
~ We are together, and we watch any new DVDs we all got. (Although, if I get the particular movie I’m hoping for, none of them will want to watch it, tee hee.) Otherwise, we really don’t get up to much. We just wind down, because usually we all have to work the next day. Don’t know what we’ll do this year, though, since Christmas is Friday this year.
6. What is your favorite Christmas smell? (like the tree, the food, cookies, snow)
~ Snow! Yes, snow has a smell, so cold and fresh and sharp and frosty. I also love the smell of cookies baking. And, back when we got real trees to decorate, I loved the deep pine smell of the tree.
7. Do you think you’re going to have a white Christmas?
~ I certainly wish it were so, but it doesn’t look like it. A white Christmas is the only way to go!
8. How much does your family spend on you at Christmas time?
~ I don’t like to think about that. Their time and presence is much more valuable to me than any gifts they get me. And I sincerely mean that. I’ve always felt that way.
9. Do you meet up with extended family at Christmas time?
~ Depends. We meant to this Christmas, but we can’t, sorry to say. Maybe next year.
10. Do you go to church on Christmas?
~ You know? Even growing up, we only ever went to Christmas Eve masses. I have only once gone to a Christmas Day mass, and that’s because I was an altar server for the mass.
11. Favorite gift received as a child?
~ Seriously, it was a padlocked diary with musical notes and pink ballet slippers adorning the front cover. That was my most favorite gift ever received. It was truly magic. I believe I still have that diary somewhere.
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
~ I have never received a worst gift, not even an ugly sweater.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
~ No, unless you count my outgrowing clothing and donating it to Goodwill as recycling. I think recycling a present would be rude, don’t you?
14. Hardest person to buy for?
~ That would be my dad.
15. Easiest person to buy for?
~ My Youngest Brother.
16. Do you have a nativity scene?
~ Yes, and it is gorgeous. It’s my mother’s, and it would be considered antique nowadays.
17. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
~ Sure can! There are nine of them, and they’re all named in the song.
18. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
~ Lack of Christmas spirit in some people.
19. Favorite ornament theme or color?
~ My favorite color this time of year? I like red, surprise surprise. I don’t have a favorite ornament theme, except for angels. I like angels.
20. Naughty or nice?
~ Nice, tee hee. Because nice can be naughty, sometimes.