1. Say something good that happened to you today:
~ Johnny called me.
2. What is your general philosophy of life?
~ “Look down the road.” Thank you, Calvin and Hobbes.
3. What is the worst thing you have lived through?
~ A suicide attempt.
4. How old is your inner child?
~ Constantly fluctuating in age. Depends on the situation, I guess. Like, in the presence of Nana, I’m a stumbling 10-year-old again; while at work, I’m present and feeling my own age. My inner ego state, though, is a 12-year-old girl named Sarah. Meh, it’s a therapy thing. Google ‘ego state’ on your own time.
5. Do you believe in a higher power and, if so, what name do you give it?
6. Are you allergic to anything and, if so, what?
~ I believe I am slightly allergic to bee stings. And I think I am starting to develop typical seasonal allergies.
7. Write a haiku on the spot (5-7-5):
~ I woke up today
Put both feet on the ground and
Felt good about it.
8. Favorite animal?
~ I like all animals, really. But if I had to choose, I’d choose cat.
9. Favorite USMB forum?
~ Huh? What is USMB?
10. Coffee, tea, or soda – how do you get your caffeine fix?
~ Either soda or tea, though I’m really trying to break the caffeine habit altogether.
11. Idealist or realist?
~ A bit of both, depending on the situation.
12. Are you lucky or unlucky?
~ Again, a bit of both, depending on the situation.
13. How much do you normally tip?
14. Last time you got sick?
~ Well, the last time I ever threw up was about 11 years ago, but the last time I was really sick was in March 2013, and I had a really bad cold then.
15. Favorite word or phrase to use when cussing someone out?
~ I have greatly curbed my swearing. I don’t use bad words anymore, but if I’m really worked up, I’m sure the f-word would make its way in there somewhere.
16. Best movie made before 1970?
~ I haven’t seen them all, so either “Citizen Kane” or “Casablanca.”
17. After 1970?
18. Within the past five years?
~ Don’t know with any degree of certainty.
19. What is your quest?
~ I seek the Holy Grail!
Just kidding. To be a writer.
20. Favorite TV drama?
~ Don’t watch a lot of television, but I do like “Once Upon a Time.”
21. Favorite sitcom?
~ Don’t have one, though “The Big Bang Theory” has grown on me.
22. Favorite reality show?
~ Really don’t have one. I used to like “America’s Next Top Model,” but I grew out of that.
23. Favorite game show?
~ Don’t watch any.
24. Favorite talk show?
~ Don’t watch any.
26. Favorite toy as a child?
~ I had three: Samantha, Chips, and Carrie.
27. Last thing you made with your own hands?
~ Dinner. Soup with rice. It turned out good.
28. Last fight you got into?
~ That was back when I was being bullied, so many many years ago. I didn’t really get into a fight per se – I merely slapped a boy who was trying to hit me back. And he ran away after I slapped him, so.
29. Last time you were hospitalized?
~ Back when I attempted suicide.
30. Favorite kind of flower?
31. Are you now, or have you ever been, a communist?
~ No. That was before my time, anyway. I mean, the quote-unquote worst of it, anyway. I know it still exists today.
32. Favorite word?
33. Last thing you picked up off the ground?
~ I found an interesting rainbow-colored flower on the floor of the pharmacy where I go to. I’ll post a picture of it soon, because it’s very interesting, and it’s made of a heavy vinyl material.
34. Favorite book as a child?
~ Danny and the Dinosaur.
35. Favorite book as a juvenile?
~ The Language of Goldfish by Zibby O’Neal.
36. Favorite book as an adult?
~ Still The Language of Goldfish, but I’m a big fan of anything written by Sylvia Plath or Sarah Vowell.
37. Last time you flipped someone the bird?
~ On purpose? One of my siblings, because they made a bad pun that I wish I’d made first.
38. Do you have any siblings and, if so, how many?
~ Three: Older Sister, Younger Brother, and Youngest Brother.
39. Make ______, not war:
40. Favorite singer?
~ This list is endless. You’ll really have to be more specific.
41. Favorite songwriter?
~ Again, this list is endless, but Neko Case and Laura Nyro are two favorites.
42. Favorite performer?
~ Once again, this list is endless.
43. Surprise parties: yes or no? Why or why not?
~ No. Simply because I prefer to be in on a surprise.
44. Where do you get your news from?
~ Either TV, the paper, or social media nowadays.
45. If you had to challenge someone to a duel of some kind, what would your weapon of choice be?
~ Egad. A dagger. But I hope it never comes to that.
46. Favorite kind of soup?
~ Chicken noodle or minestrone.
47. What, if any, parts of your body do you shave, wax, or otherwise remove hair from?
~ Hey! That’s personal!
48. What is happiness to you?
~ Happiness is love. And, yes, that makes sense.
49. Least favorite household chore?
~ Either mowing the lawn or shoveling snow. But I’ll do both.
50. Favorite thing to do on a cold and rainy night?
~ Curl up under a blanket and listen to the rain.
51. Peter Pan or Captain Hook: which is cooler?
~ Peter Pan because he can fly. I’ll probably change my mind when we get to the relevant episodes of “Once Upon a Time,” though, or so I gather.
52. Have you ever written/carved/etc.?
~ What, exactly? You mean artistically? I love to write. I wish I could carve or paint or sculpt or quilt or anything like that. Wish I could crochet, but I’m left-handed and I was told being a left-hander was not conducive to learning how to crochet.
53. Favorite mythology?
~ That thunderstorms are God and the angels and saints bowling up in heaven. Hey, that’s a childhood mythology that Nana and aunt Ellen told us kids.
54. Favorite magazine?
~ Parade in the Sunday papers. I don’t read magazines anymore.
55. Law & Order: original, SVU, or Criminal Intent?
~ The original.
56. Worst pickup line ever used on you?
~ “If I laid out some cheese, I bet I could get a mouse to fall into my trap.” Yeah, but it ended up being sorta funny in hindsight.
57. Best job you ever had?
~ The one I’m currently at.
58. What do you know how to fix?
~ Not a whole heckuva lot.
59. Favorite place to go in the town you live?
~ Used to be the library. Now I love going everywhere, because of Johnny.
60. Favorite munchie?
~ Candy = Skittles. Potato chip = Pringles. And pretzels are always good.
61. Movie with the best one-liners?
~ I don’t know. Those aren’t my kind of movies.
62. How do you groom your nails?
~ I clip them every once in a while. You’d never know I used to bite them.
63. Last pity party you held for yourself?
~ September 2014.
64. Last post-it note written?
~ It had information about something I needed to make a change on at work. I daren’t post what it was verbatim, because I’m sure that’s sensitive information.
65. If you could go back in time to a specific place and era, when and where would it be?
~ Sometime so I could be born to live through the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
66. How much money do you have in cash right now?
~ Thirty cents.
67. What’s the best joke you know how to tell?
~ I really don’t. Not saying I don’t have a sense of humor, but others tell jokes way better than I do.
68. Last gift you gave someone?
~ I got my mother a madonna figurine from the State Fair.
69. [Write your own question here. Now answer it.]
~ “If time flies, why can’t people?” “I dunno – maybe people are just too heavy.” “Wow, that’s a depressing answer.” “I know, but it’s true.”
70. Favorite superhero?
~ Batman. Thanks, Dad.
71. What songs do you know all the lyrics to by heart?
~ Most of them.
72. What did you buy on your last trip to the store?
73. Worst habit?
~ Picking dead skin from my lips and around my nails.
74. Last thing you quit?
~ Hmm. One particular job, but on amicable terms.
75. WB: too cheesy for its own good, or just cheesy enough?
~ I wouldn’t know. I don’t watch that network.
76. Pet peeve?
~ People standing/sitting right behind me and/or reading over my shoulder. It’s the writer in me.
77. What do you grab to drink when you’re hot, sweaty, and thirsty?
~ Either water or lemonade.
78. Do you wear a watch?
~ Off and on. It’s a cool watch, too. Well, anyway, I like it.
79. What were you doing before you started taking this survey?
~ Nothing, really.
80. What do you wish you were doing instead of taking this survey?
~ Spending time with Johnny.
81. What’s preventing you from doing that?
~ Well, he had a long day at work, and needs his rest, too.
82. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
~ Sleep. That’s about it.
83. Have you ever been arrested?
84. Favorite kind of poetry?
~ Any kind, really. You’d probably get more information out of me if you asked me what kind of poetry I didn’t like. To which I would reply either Alan Ginsberg or Shel Silverstein.
85. Favorite kind of music?
~ I love all kinds of music.
86. How many different kinds of solitaire do you know how to play?
~ There’s more than one?
87. What are you a member of?
88. Do you like green eggs and ham?
~ Yes, Sam I Am.
89. Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
~ It’s there.
90. Who is the wind beneath your wings?
91. Favorite John Hughes film?
~ I don’t know. I haven’t ever seen one of his films.
92. Would you follow the white rabbit down the hole?
~ You bet!
93. What classes have you failed in your lifetime?
~ Government. But, to be fair, it was a form of protest on my part. I’d already taken a government class (called civics) as a freshman in Illinois, and I didn’t see why I had to take the same class again as a senior in Iowa. It was the same dratted class, even though it was different states! But I wouldn’t be able to graduate unless I took it, so I buckled down and passed the second time.
94. Favorite comedian?
~ Gilda Radner.
95. Monkeys: funny, yes?
~ I guess.
96. Favorite Beatles song?
~ “Across the Universe.”
97. Walk, bike, ride, or drive?
~ In this order: ride, walk, bike, drive.
98. Do you take vitamins and, if so, which ones?
~ Yes, I take those Alive gummy multivitamins. I did once take vitamins in pill form, but I was starting to choke on those, so I take gummy vitamins now.
99. Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse?
~ Bugs Bunny.
100. What do you want on your tombstone?
~ Veggies. tee hee. But seriously, isn’t that for someone else to decide?