Feeling talkative. But are you sick of me yet?
I’m feeling a bit bereft tonight, so here’s another questionnaire. And some of these questions have not been answered before. So. That should entice you to read, yes? Just kidding – if you don’t read it, I’ll understand.
1. If you could buy any type of food, what would you buy?
~ I know I don’t eat right to begin with, so I’d buy more fruits and veggies. Yeah, that’s about it.
2. What color is your toothbrush?
~ Blue and white.
3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
~ A cat. Just to know what it felt like to lounge belly-first in the sunbeam. Certain it’s heaven, but I’d want to know for sure.
4. What is one of the things you would put on your ‘bucket’ list?
~ Shooting a gun. Just once. Although I’m scared of the kickback. “You’ll shoot your eye out!”
5. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
~ I’m gonna have to say Batman, just because he is a somewhat normal person who took it upon himself to fight crime. And because he’s my dad’s favorite as well.
6. Who do you admire the most?
~ My parents. Gee, do I really need a reason?
7. What is your favorite summer activity?
~ Swimming when I go swimming.
8. If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be, and who would play you?
~ Hmm. It would have to be a dramedy, and someone unknown would have to play me.
9. If you could be any flavor of ice cream, what would you be and why?
~ Mint chocolate chip, because that’s my favorite.
10. Who is your favorite cartoon character and why?
~ Daria, because she’s so cynical and smart.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
~ New York City. *shrug* Just to visit.
12. What is your dream job?
~ To get paid for writing. But I’m sort of at my dream job, something in an administrative capacity.
13. Are you a morning or night person?
~ I’m an all-day sort of person. I’m not better in morning or night. I’m even all throughout the day and night.
14. What is your favorite hobby?
~ Writing, reading, listening to music, traveling, blogging, photography, pets. I really can’t choose a favorite.
15. What is one thing that annoys you the most?
~ People standing/sitting behind me and/or reading over my shoulder. It’s the writer in me.
16. What is the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
~ Ooo, I know. Suckling pig’s leg! Sort of. That was in Europe. I say ‘sort of’ because I didn’t eat a whole lot of it. But that made one of the sayings of the trip of a lifetime: “Would you eat a pig’s butt?!?” I mean, I was all for immersion in other cultures, but that was a little weird.
17. What is your favorite thing about someone in your family?
~ We’re all musically inclined.
18. What is one of your weird quirks?
~ Don’t know. I’m not really a quirky twitchy kind of girl. I’m just me.
19. Describe yourself in three words.
~ Serious. Shy. Unconventional.
20. If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
~ Hmm. I don’t really know. I don’t tend to compare myself with anyone else, so why would I want to switch lives with someone else?
21. If you could talk in your sleep, what would you say?
~ Anything, I guess. I’ve been told I do talk in my sleep, but I wouldn’t know – I’m asleep! Although on a couple occasions, I’ve awoken to the sound of my own voice. Weird, that.
22. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
~ Well, after the usual first thing (which everyone does), I usually either take my medicine or go get dressed. It differs day to day, as to what I feel like doing first.
23. What is your favorite movie quote?
~ “….Instead I sat in the car and read a map, and spelled out entire sentences with my tongue on the roof of my mouth, where nobody could read ’em.” From “Badlands;” Holly Sargis (Sissy Spacek) says it in the narration.
24. What is your favorite joke?
~ “Hey, want a Hertz donut?” *thwap them across the arm when they say ‘yes’* “Hurts, don’t it?” My friend Jackie from Partial taught me that joke, and I almost died laughing.
25. What would you do on Mars for fun?
~ Play sand volleyball. *shrug* What else are you going to do?
26. If you could get yourself anything, what would you get?
~ A car. To be specific, a Nissan Versa. Or a Toyota Corolla – Diane recommended that to me.
27. Where is the worst place you could get stuck?
~ In an MRI machine.
28. What would you do with your fifteen minutes of fame?
~ Shine a light on the plight of the mentally ill. No, seriously, I would.
29. Where would you go if you were invisible?
~ I dunno. What would anyone care – I’m invisible.
30. What is your favorite flavor of Bertie Botts’ Every Flavored Beans?
~ Never eaten those before. But I’ve had Jelly Belly jelly beans, of which I love the buttered popcorn flavor and the chocolate pudding flavor. No, seriously, I do.
31. What is one thing you own you wish you didn’t?
~ So many clothes. I know, but I’m such a girl!
32. Describe the perfect kiss in three words.
~ With my boyfriend.
33. What is your biggest addiction?
34. Do you have a song that reminds you of a relationship? If so, what song?
~ I have a couple songs that remind me of times spent with Johnny, yes. “My Sweet Lord” by George Harrison is one, because that’s Johnny’s favorite George Harrison song. That “Nah nah, honey I”m good/I could have another but I probably shouldn’t” song, because it was so funny watching Johnny and a friend mouthing the words to that song in the bar. And that “Uptown Funk” song by Bruno Mars (?) is another, having heard it in the car several times on our way to someplace memorable.
35. How many books have you read so far this year?
~ Four: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling; The Land of Milk and Uncle Honey by Alan Guebert; Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen; and Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu. Yeah, so much for my resolution to read a book a week. Sheesh. I’m currently reading The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan.
36. When I dance, I look like….
~ Eesh. I don’t even want to think about what I look like.
37. Who have you met that you wish you hadn’t?
~ One of the attorneys I used to work for. I really wish he had retired ten years prior to my knowing him. But, you know, I don’t work there anymore. And he has (finally) retired. So.
38. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
39. What is the worst job you could have?
~ I wasn’t too keen on being a sales associate.
40. What is your favorite TV channel?
~ I don’t really have a favorite channel. We tend to watch a lot of HGTV shows, though, so I’d have to say HGTV.
41. What is the thing you’re most afraid of?
~ Aside from losing someone I love, it’d be bees.
42. If you could paint anything, what would you paint?
~ I’d give anything to be able to paint, let me put it that way.
43. What celebrity annoys you the most?
~ I’m torn between Cameron Diaz (Cameron Ditz) and Jennifer Aniston. And, of course, all the Kardashians, and Kanye West.
44. What is the most interesting thing you have in your purse/wallet?
~ I have a backup power bar for my cell phone.
45. What is the meanest thing you’ve ever said to someone else?
~ I don’t remember, and I’m being totally honest when I say that.
46. If you could get a yacht, what would you call it?
~ “Mouse’s Lilypad.” Makes sense.
47. What is your lifelong dream?
~ To write one novel and maybe see it published.
48. If you could talk to the President, what would you talk about?
~ Again, the plight of the mentally ill in this country.
49. Have you ever tried to do something you knew you would be really bad at? What was it?
~ Auditioned for a musical. I couldn’t dance, I couldn’t act, and at the time, I couldn’t sing. It was an unmitigated disaster. (It was for “Godspell,” if you wanted to know.)
50. On a scale of 1 to 10, how “cool” are you?
~ Depends, I guess. I don’t really know.
51. What is the best advantage to being really tall?
~ You can see over everyone.
52. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
~ Twenty minutes.
53. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?
~ What, like in terms of something normal or something crazy? I’ve always wanted to write, which is pretty normal. In terms of crazy, I’ve always wanted to try a polar bear plunge.
54. What TV sitcom family would you be a member of?
~ I don’t watch that many sitcoms, so I wouldn’t know.
55. What store do you shop at the most?
56. What new technology will transform the future?
~ I’m not up on technology. So I wouldn’t know. Sorry.
57. What supply in your house is running low?
~ Paper towels. Always with the paper towels!
58. If you could be any nationality, what would it be?
59. What is the most delightful word you can think of?
~ “Smock.” Like Hobbes, I just like saying it. Smock, smock, smock.
60. What is your least favorite beverage?
~ Anything with alcohol in it.
61. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
~ Eyes, then personality, then hands.
62. If you were stranded on a tropical island, what two things would you want with you?
~ Neverending paperandpencil and an MP3 player that would never lose battery power.
63. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
~ Their personality. I dunno – I can always sense something about people. I’ve always been able to sense something about people. Not bragging or anything, but it’s the truth.
64. If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be?
~ Hmm, tough one. Seeing as how I’d never run for office, I really couldn’t say. “Poor Original” sticks out in my head for some reason, but I think that would turn people off.
65. What was your favorite book growing up?
~ The Language of Goldfish by Zibby O’Neal.
66. What city in America should not be included on a map? Why?
~ Oh, geez. I have no idea! They’re all worthy of exploration, to be sure.
67. What compliment does people give you the most?
~ That I’m a fast learner.
68. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could? What would it mean?
~ “Globitz.” This was a word featured in the British claymation series “The Trap Door,” and it just means “Darn” or “Shoot,” like in frustration. “Oh globitz!” Ooo, or ‘furk.’ As in “What the furk?!?” My Younger Brother says that all the time. It’s just a funny substitute word for the f-word.
69. What product would you refuse to promote?
~ Ooo, I daren’t say. Because that in and of itself would be a kind of promotion, and I daren’t promote it now, do I?
70. What is your favorite pet’s name?
~ They’re all my favorite pets, so Nuala, Camille, Jasper, Teag, Bo and Finn. But in the grand scheme of things, I like the name Smudge for a cat or the names Beemer or Peepers for a little dog.
71. Use one word to describe your computer ability.
~ Um….there. Yeah, it’s there.
72. If your plane was about to crash, who would you want to have sitting next to you?
~ Les Stroud.
73. Which of the presidents is your favorite?
~ Abraham Lincoln.
74. How long of a consecutive time have you spent in a car?
~ 13 hours. Or do you count rest stops as stopping? Otherwise about 6 hours straight.
75. What is your favorite Halloween costume?
~ A crayon with the tip bitten off. Long story.
76. How can you tell if someone is a nerd?
~ You can’t! Just be glad he/she is a person first. If he/she turns out to be a nerd, accept him/her. Simple.
77. If you could teach any grade or subject, what would it be?
~ I wouldn’t teach, couldn’t teach, but I would love to counsel teenagers.
78. What fashion trend do you just not get?
~ I am no fashion plate, by any means, so I wouldn’t really know.
79. If you were a wicked tyrant, what country would you rule?
~ I don’t know. I could never be a wicked tyrant.
80. What was the lowest grade you have ever been given? What class was it for?
~ It was a 40% on an assignment in math class. Which was considered a ‘P’ grade.
81. If you could choose your nickname, what would it be?
~ Already done so. It’s Mouse, thankyouverymuch.
82. What is your best feature?
~ My eyes, I guess. I dunno. I don’t think like that.
83. If you could swim in any liquid, what would it be and why?
~ I dunno. Water? Just because you always swim in water?
84. What is the song you hear most often?
~ That “Nah nah honey I’m good” song I mentioned earlier. I hear it like three times a day via Kathy’s radio at work. Not that I’m complaining….
85. What have you done that you are most proud of?
~ Living. But seriously, putting The Book together for family and friends.
86. How many keys do you have on your key ring?
~ Two. One is my house key. The other is a small ornate key given to me by that life coach Heather, just to serve as a reminder of what she taught us on that day.
87. What is your favorite song?
~ I won’t reveal that yet.
88. How old were you when you had the worst haircut ever? What style was it?
~ Wasn’t a cut. It was a perm. I was about twelve or thirteen. Never. Again.
89. What advice did you get that was the most rewarding?
~ When Ms. Fullerton, my English teacher, told me that finding someone who can be deemed trustworthy sometimes involves taking a risk.
90. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would it be?
~ While I wouldn’t change anything, I do wish I could be a bit thinner.
91. What is your least favorite type of music?
~ While it has grown on me greatly, it’s still rap/hip-hop/R&B.
92. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
~ Telekinesis, telepathy, and flight.
93. What fortune would you want to get from a fortune cookie?
~ I dunno. Something really silly yet ambiguous. Like, “You will wake up tomorrow with inspiration.” And then sit back and ponder that for a time. Does that mean I’ll wake up inspired to do something, or I’ll wake up in an inspirational way? You know? Something like that.
94. What is one food you wouldn’t want to give up?
95. If you won a million dollars, what would you buy?
~ Just a car. Seriously, just a car.
96. If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
~ I would go back to when I was age fifteen, not to stop myself from doing anything rash, but just to live through all that time period again. I’d go immediately.
97. If you could add a person to Mount Rushmore, who would it be and why?
~ Boy, that’s hard. Martin Luther King, Jr. Don’t know why – it just seems right to.
98. If you could win any award, what would it be and why?
~ The Pulitzer Prize for literature. That would just be an ultimate accomplishment, that’s all.
99. If you could teleport, where would you go and why?
~ I’d just teleport back and forth to work. Just to make it easier.
100. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
~ There were many, but “Garfield and Friends” springs to mind. As does “Ren and Stimpy,” “Tiny Toon Adventures,” “Animaniacs,” and all those Disney afternoon shows like “Ducktales,” “Tale Spin,” and “Darkwing Duck.”