I’ve only been up all night, so just bear with me. I think it’s too warm up here in my room, so I couldn’t sleep. Plus my legs were restless, and I just couldn’t stay still enough to sleep. So.
Anyhoo, here’s a 100 question questionnaire.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
~ First of all, I don’t have iTunes, because I don’t have an iPhone. I have Pandora, on an Android phone (Samsung). So there. So here’s my Pandora stream on shuffle:
1. “Slightest Sound” by Kesang Marstrand.
2. “Here and Now” by Tara MacLean.
3. “The First Cut is the Deepest” by Sheryl Crow.
4. “We Won’t Run” by Sarah Blasko.
5. “In California (Live)” by Neko Case.
6. “Be Be Your Love” by Rachael Yamagata.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
~ Hard to say. I’d love to have met Sylvia Plath or Freddie Mercury, but they’ve passed away. I would loved to have shaken Mother Teresa’s hand. I’d like to meet several people, just to talk, get to know them better – too many to name, really, and both famous and non-famous.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
~ “….discontent exist because the girls wish that they, themselves, had a….” This is actually line 16. It’s my Pysch 101 book (bought from Modcloth), and it was talking about Freud and the stages of psychosexual development. So, bonus points if you can fill in that last word, because Line 17 was one word.
4) What do you think about most?
~ The future and what it possibly holds.
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
~ “Have a good night” from Johnny.
6) Do you sleep with or without on?
~ With or without what on? Clothing? I sleep in pajamas, thankyouverymuch.
7) What’s your strangest talent?
~ I can cry on command, to a degree. Might take me a minute or so, but I can do it.
8) Girls…. (finish the sentence); Boys…. (finish the sentence)
~ Girls are sometimes catty. Boys are sometimes difficult.
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
~ To a degree. A dear blog friend was inspired by me to write a poem about masks. That poem was so beautiful, it made me cry.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
~ Seeing as how I actually play guitar, there’s no reason to play air guitar anymore. It was a long time ago, though, back when I was little.
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
~ Bees, needles, driving (to a degree).
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
~ Not that I recall. I just remember when I was little how I would always choke on butterscotch discs, so I cannot eat butterscotch ever again.
13) What’s your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
~ Walking or running or biking or hiking or doing yard work/snow removal.
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
~ Behind the camera. Although I’ve often thought about becoming an actress.
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
~ Queen. What’s so complex about that?
17) What was the last lie you told?
~ That I had my homework done when I really didn’t. That was in third grade, and I haven’t told a lie since then.
18) Do you believe in karma?
~ Sort of.
19) What does your URL mean?
~ girlinabasement.com. It means I bought the URL name. tee hee. But the name “Girl in a Basement” is not meant to be sordid or sexual in nature. If you read my tagline, about the acoustics, that pretty much sums it up.
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
~ My greatest weakness is my shyness. My greatest strength is in observation.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
~ Nicolas Cage, still. And Tim Curry, always.
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
23) How do you vent your anger?
~ Deep breathing. Writing. Listening to angry music. Pacing or taking a long walk. Even cleaning.
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
~ Yes. Angel figurines. Stickers. Buttons. Blank books and notebooks. Pencils and pens. Dolls. Temporary tattoos. Various other figurines. Those Funko POP vinyl figurines, all “Frozen” related.
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
~ Talking on the phone.
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
~ Yes. And it took a looong time for me to be able to say that.
27) What’s a sound you hate; a sound you love?
~ A sound I love is falling rain. A sound I hate is breaking glass.
28) What’s your biggest “what if”?
~ “What if we had never moved from that small Illinois town?” That’s the biggest, because I think it would have totally changed who I am as a person.
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
~ I believe in ghosts, from personal experience. And aliens, well, Bill Watterson said it best when he wrote as Calvin, “The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
30) Stick your right arm out – what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
~ Air, both times. Nothing is nearby on either side that I can touch.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
~ It smells clean, yet humid.
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
~ There hasn’t been a worst place. There was a Mexican restaurant here in town that I was not keen on, but that was years ago, and I forget the name of the place.
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
~ I haven’t really been to either or, so I can’t really say.
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
~ Most attractive male singer, hmm? I dunno. I don’t follow today’s music.
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
~ tee hee. 42, of course! But seriously, it’s something I’ve thought of but still can’t find the words to explain. So I honestly don’t know.
36) Define: Art.
~ Art. Hmm. Art is imagination. Sorry, nothing deeper than that.
37) Do you believe in luck?
~ To a degree.
38) What’s the weather like right now?
~ Humid, clear, humid, warm, breezy, humid.
39) What time is it?
~ Bedtime. It’s actually very early morning. Like I said, I’ve been up all night.
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
~ I am still practicing driving, in order to get my driver’s license. I hope and pray that I will never crash. Cross my fingers. Knock on wood.
41) What was the last book you read?
~ The Land of Milk and Uncle Honey by Alan Guebert.
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
44) What was the last movie you saw?
~ With family, “Home.” In theaters, “Ex Machina.” With Johnny, “Eastern Promises.” In the comfort of my own room, “Laggies.”
45) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
~ I cut my right wrist on “accident” after I put my hand through a window. The cut was about an inch from the major artery. I was taken to the hospital via ambulance as a precaution.
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
~ Yes, but I let it go. I never enjoyed pulling wings off bugs, and I never understood kids who did enjoy that.
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
~ Difficult to say. I wouldn’t call them obsessions, so much as they are just deep thoughts. And I’m thinking about the future, for the most part. So there.
48) What’s your sexual orientation?
~ I am straight. But what does that matter?
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
~ No, thank goodness.
50) Do you believe in magic?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
~ I have a handle on both saving and spending money, so I do both, but responsibly.
54) What’s the last thing you purchased?
~ My medicine.
55) Love or lust?
56) In a relationship?
57) How many relationships have you had?
~ Just the relationship I’m currently in.
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
~ No. I can do no such stupid human tricks.
59) Where were you yesterday?
~ Went to work, then hung out with Johnny, then went home.
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
~ Yes. This little pink guy. Sorry the pic is so dark.
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
62) What’s your favorite animal?
~ I like all kinds of animals. I don’t have a favorite.
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
~ I have no such cunning in my arsenal. I am just me, like it or lump it.
64) Where is your best friend?
~ He is probably still sleeping. 🙂
65) Spit or swallow?
~ What? Food you don’t like? I spit it out if I’m with family. I’ll swallow it quickly if I’m in a public setting, and then I don’t eat anymore.
66) What is your heritage?
~ I am 1/4 German, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Irish, and 1/4 English.
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
~ Sleeping. Which is more than can be said for right now.
68) What do you think is Satan’s last name?
~ Something basic, like Smith or Brown, and it royally pisses him off.
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
~ That’s a little blue for this blog, don’t you think? I will neither confirm nor deny such a statement.
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
~ I think so.
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time, you get fired. What do you do?
~ Screw the boss. I’d save the dog! I love animals. I wouldn’t let any animal die if I could help it.
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
~ a) Yes, I would tell everyone. b) I would try to live to the fullest. c) Yes, I’d be afraid, but I’d have lots of love in my last days, so I wouldn’t be as afraid if I’d been alone.
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
~ Boy. That’s hard. What kind of question is that? You really can’t have one without the other, you know? I’d need both. There’s no ‘only one’ about it.
74) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
~ “Valentino” by Diane Birch.
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
~ ####. Ha ha.
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
~ Trust, honesty, openness, no judgment.
77) How can I win your heart?
~ You can’t. Someone else already has it.
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
~ Yes, if you tap it right.
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
~ This may sound morbid, but trying to take my own life.
80) What size shoes do you wear?
~ It honestly depends on the fit of the shoe. I alternate between three different shoe sizes in that regard.
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
~ I don’t really know. I haven’t really given that much thought. Besides, shouldn’t that be for loved ones to decide?
82) What is your favorite word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
~ “No fear.” Thank you, Monty Python.
85) What’s the last song you listened to?
~ “Goodbye to You” by Michelle Branch.
86) Basic question: what’s your favorite color/colors?
~ My favorite color is blue. I mean, I like all colors, but blue is my absolute favorite.
87) What is your current desktop picture?
~ Gir on his piggy.
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
~ I don’t think I could do that. I couldn’t hurt a fly, no matter how annoying or dangerous it is.
89) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
~ There isn’t a question I could be asked that I’d be afraid to tell the truth on.
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by mummies. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
~ Freeze in utter terror. What else could I do?
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
~ Half-hour? No half-hour comes to mind. But give me a half-hour with the kids who once bullied me, and I’d try to set everything straight.
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
~ The bullying. But then again, that wouldn’t have made the person I am today, so do I really want to erase it?
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
~ Uh, no. Just, no. I don’t think like that.
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
~ New York City. Just to visit.
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
~ Yes, back when I was really little.
98) Ever been on a plane?
~ Yes, on two occasions in my life.
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
~ I’d tell them my story that I told for This Is My Brave.
In closing, I leave you with this gem I found via Facebook. It’s about the writing process. And, yes, this really does happen.
If I don’t post before Monday, have a Happy Labor Day! Three-day weekend! Whoo!
Time to start it! Bye!