Feeling particular low tonight, not to mention lonely. Everyone is in moods, and I don’t know why. I had a pretty decent day today, but no one else seemed to have one. So.
I don’t know what it was about today, but I’m glad today is over.
Tomorrow will be better. I have hope in that.
Here’s another questionnaire that I felt like answering.
Ready to answer 151 Questions?
1. When was the last time you swam in a pool?
~ Just this past weekend. Johnny and I went to a local pool and just swam around for a while. It was awesome.
2. Do you like to party?
~ That depends on the type of party it is, I guess.
3. If your ex suddenly kissed you right now, what would you do?
~ That would require having an ex first, so I don’t know what I’d do.
4. Are you a virgin?
~ Seriously? This question again?!?
5. What are your parents’ views on sex?
~ Well, they had four kids. In terms of when I was growing up, they really didn’t have to worry about it, because I had no interest in boyfriends or sex at that time. Nowadays, I hope they’d be like, ‘Well, you’re an adult, so just be careful.’
6. If you ran into your current boyfriend/crush in 10 years, would you marry them?
~ Well, hopefully in 10 years, I’d still be with my current boyfriend. But I don’t mean to get ahead of myself. Let’s just take it one day at a time.
7. Is your best friend dating anyone?
~ All my friends, who all happen to be my co-workers, are either married or dating someone, so yes.
8. Describe the shirt you’re wearing.
~ It is part of my pajamas. It’s a grey-and-black shirt with one of the Despicable Me Minions on it, and he’s waving, and the word “GEEK” is in collegiate lettering above his head. Saw it at Walmart and just had to have it, if only for a pajama shirt.
9. Do people who wear Hollister and Abercrombie every day bother you?
~ You know, clothes to me are just clothes. I don’t know brand name clothing from non-brand name clothing, so I don’t differentiate. So I’d have to say no.
10. Could you go out in public without wearing make-up?
~ I do it every day as it is, so yes.
11. What is one feature that you don’t like?
~ My hair, but only when it doesn’t cooperate, or when it’s affected by humidity.
12. Would people describe you as happy?
~ Nowadays, yes.
13. Are you single?
~ Not anymore.
14. Does it bother you that pretty much every survey you take asks if you’re single?
~ Hmm. Maybe a little, because it’s like “What difference does it make?” You know?
15. Do you have Tumblr?
16. What about Xanga?
17. Have you ever babysat before?
~ Yes. In fact, babysitting was my first job.
18. Is there a teacher who you absolutely hate?
~ There were several teachers that I hated. One was Mr. McGinnis, the tech-ed teacher who confiscated my notebook during class. There was Mr. Winder, who tried to teach me and my left-handedness to write like a right-handed person. And then there was Mr. Benford, the choir director who went on a spiel one day about how “Some of us in this room are talented, and some of us aren’t….Some of us in this room are more equal than others.” And Mr. Benford was African-American. No, I’m not making that up.
19. Ever shopped at Sephora?
~ No. I’d probably be allergic to that makeup.
20. If your current boyfriend/crush suddenly moved away, what would you do?
~ I’d be really really upset. Inconsolable, almost.
21. Do you have any university plans?
~ I do. But it’ll be a year or two down the road. I intend to go back to school for English or creative writing, or even for a counseling degree My ultimate goal would be to get into the University of Iowa’s Writer’s Workshop.
22. If your best friend revealed she was a homosexual, what would you do?
~ I would support her and be there for her if she ever needed someone to talk to.
23. What are your views on sex?
~ When I was younger, the idea of sex repulsed me. Nowadays, I’m much more comfortable with it. I suppose, though, I would be considered slightly prudish. But I’m not so naive, if that makes sense.
24. Do sexual questions bother you?
~ No. Not really. Unless they’re really graphic. Then I mind.
25. Would you rather have sex with your boyfriend or break up?
~ Have sex.
26. Have you ever dreamed about your wedding?
~ Never dreamed about it. Thought about it, in passing, but never a full-blown dream.
27. Does it bother you when people TYpe 1yk dis’? Nd stuff?
~ Depends on who does it and how often. No, it really does.
28. Do you delete pictures of you and your exes off of Facebook?
~ That would require having an ex or exes first, so no.
29. Would you ever date a friend’s ex?
~ I don’t think so. That’d be weird.
30. What’s the last book you read?
~ Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen for the umpteenth time. I am currently reading a book by a family friend, Alan Guebert, called The Land of Milk and Uncle Honey, recounting his youth spent on a dairy farm. It’s been a good book.
31. Ready for 10 simple questions?
32. What is your last name?
33. What grade are you in?
~ I am currently not in school, not even college. I currently work full-time for a living.
34. What school do you go to?
~ If I were to go to a school, I’d probably give Kirkwood another try. My ultimate goal, like I said, is to get to the University of Iowa and the Writers’ Workshop there. Or perhaps get a counseling degree.
35. Summer, fall, winter or spring?
~ In order: fall, winter, spring, summer.
36. Favorite color?
37. Are your parents together?
~ No. My parents have been divorced for ten+ years now.
38. Any siblings?
~ Three – Older Sister, Younger Brother, and Youngest Brother.
39. Favorite subject?
~ Creative writing.
40. Least favorite subject?
41. Favorite song?
~ At the moment? Don’t really have one. Of all time? I shan’t reveal that yet.
42. Okay. Simple questions are over. Happy?
~ I guess.
43. How many friends do you have on Facebook?
~ About 50. But feel free to friend me.
44. Ever been requested by some old guy from another country?
~ Huh? I don’t understand the question. You mean like as a mail-order bride? No.
45. Have you ever Googled yourself?
~ I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but yes. Both as Mousenomia Tadpole and her mild-mannered alter ego.
46. Have a Formspring?
~ No. What’s a Formspring?
47. You’re offered free tickets to a Justin Bieber concert. What do you do?
~ Burn them. I wouldn’t go see Justin Bieber if that were the last….possible concert on earth. (I almost said a different word, but Justin Bieber is hardly the word I was going to say, so.)
48. Would you rather spend the day at an amusement park or a water park?
~ Both! And lucky me – Iowa does have a combination amusement/water park, in Adventureland, and I am going this summer.
49. Been to Disney World?
~ No. When I was a kid, it didn’t really interest me, but I wouldn’t mind going.
50. If someone posts their status “9 Inches :(” do you know what they mean?
~ Not really, though I have a pretty good idea. Are you talking male friends posting this as their status?
51. Ever had a boyfriend?
~ I have a boyfriend now – Johnny.
52. Ever had a huge crush on someone who still doesn’t know?
~ Yes. From back in high school, there was a boy named Larry Estes. I was never able to tell him how I felt, because we moved during the summer, and I couldn’t see him before we moved. Besides, he liked another girl anyway.
53. Have you done something in the last week that you regret?
54. Ever drank alcohol?
55. Know anyone who’s currently doing drugs?
56. Ever watched The Hills?
57. What about Jersey Shore?
58. Ever called someone a slut?
59. What do you think of short shorts?
~ *shrug* To each his/her own, I guess.
60. Does it bother you if people swear around you?
~ Depends. It is possible to swear in proper context, you know. What bothers me is when people curse every other word just for the sake of cursing every other word.
61. Have you ever gotten an A in a subject?
62. What about a B?
63. And a C?
64. How about a D?
~ Yes. And, while you didn’t ask, I’ve also gotten an F before.
65. Ever plagiarized?
~ No. Never! There was a big plagiarism scandal when I was a junior in high school, and it turned out a quarter of the senior class had been involved and didn’t graduate. It’s not worth it, if you ask me.
66. Would you consider yourself popular and outcast or somewhere in the middle?
~ When I was younger, I was definitely an outcast. Nowadays, I’m probably somewhere in the middle.
67. Are most of your friends older or younger than you?
68. Ever been stabbed in the back by a close friend?
69. Do you think it’s immature when people laugh at the number 69?
70. Ever watched porn?
~ No. Because porn does not necessarily represent reality.
71. How many laws do you think you’ve broken in the past month?
~ Zero. I’s a good girl, I am.
72. Do you wake up with an alarm clock?
73. Do you prefer Wednesdays or Thursdays?
~ Thursdays. One day closer to the weekend.
74. If your school had a glee club, would you join?
~ I auditioned for my high school’s show choir, but couldn’t dance. But it was good that I didn’t make it – show choirs are so overrated.
75. Ever performed in a talent show?
~ No. But I have performed in a couple recitals before.
76. Have you ever cried in public?
~ Yes. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
77. Do you have a favorite between your mom and your dad?
~ No. I am a perfect amalgamation of my mom and dad.
78. Would you audition for a reality talent competition?
~ Not in a million years.
79. How many celebrity crushes have you had?
~ Too many to count.
80. How many non-celebrity crushes have you had?
~ Eh. Three. Matt Wolf in 7th grade, then Larry Estes and Earl Speechley both in 11th grade.
81. Name 5 male celebrities who you think are attractive.
~ I don’t really know. I’m too busy looking at my boyfriend.
82. Name 5 female celebrities who you think are attractive.
~ I don’t really know.
83. Ever been compared to a celebrity?
~ Nope. I’d feel sorry for the celebrity, to tell you the truth.
84. Have any embarrassing pictures on Facebook?
85. Do you think spending $20 on lip gloss is a waste of money?
~ Yes. But then, I’ve done that before, so I shouldn’t talk.
86. Ever used Opinionated?
~ The word? Yes. What is Opinionated? Is it some sort of software or app or something?
87. Do you have a favorite store?
~ Several. Walmart, Hot Topic, Modcloth, Kohl’s, and maurice’s.
88. Would you ever wear Flare jeans?
~ Probably not. Is Flare a brand name or jeans or just a type of jeans?
89. Do you own jeans that aren’t skinny?
~ Yes. None of my jeans are skinny.
90. Have you ever worn the same outfit twice in one week?
91. What’s the longest period of time you’ve been away from school?
92. Do you Google abbreviations you don’t understand?
~ Sometimes. But I’m pretty good at sussing them out on my own.
93. Does it bother you when people have cats as their profile picture?
94. Own a pair of Converse?
~ Nope. Never have.
95. Is there a teacher at your school who has obvious favorites?
~ No. All of my teachers, even the bad ones, were relatively fair.
96. If yes, are you one of them?
97. Do you text in class?
~ I currently don’t go to school, but I would not text during class. I can do without my phone for several hours at a time if need be.
98. What brand of jeans do you wear the most?
~ Faded Glory. I love Faded Glory.
99. At what point do you think sizes are “Plus Sized?” Most magazines say 10. Do you agree?
~ Not really. 10 is still pretty skinny. I’d say 12 or 14. You know, Marilyn Monroe was a 16.
100. Do you want to lose weight?
~ Of course. I know I’m a bit overweight, and could stand to lose 20 to 30 pounds.
101. Ever seen a therapist?
~ Currently seeing one.
102. Ever watched porn?
~ Asked and answered; see Question 70. Are you trying to trap me in a lie?
103. Ever purposely ignored a text?
~ Not if it was from someone I knew. If it’s an automated text, telling me I’ve won a cruise or an exorbitant amount of money, then I just ignore and/or delete those.
104. A Facebook message?
105. A poke?
~ A Facebook poke? No. Although I don’t really like Facebook pokes.
106. A friend request?
107. Would you say you read into things too much?
~ All the time.
108. Is your best friend more likely to be the one suggesting something stupid or refusing to do something stupid?
~ Suggesting something stupid.
109. Do you have a “fun friend?” (A friend who you have tons of fun with but you never really have deep conversations?)
110. Ever been called a bully?
~ No. Having been on the receiving end of bullying, I wouldn’t ever bully anyone.
111. Ever purposely hurt yourself?
112. Ever gone to church?
~ Yes. Although it’s been a couple years since I last went to Mass. They’ve changed many of the responsorials. That was sort of annoying to me.
113. Would you call either or your parents screw-ups?
~ No. No one in my family is a screw-up.
114. If you turned out exactly like your dad, would you be pleased?
~ I am already somewhat like my dad, in many ways.
115. What about your mom?
~ I am already somewhat like my mom, in many ways.
116. Let me guess….you have brown hair?
117. Already know what you’re being for Halloween?
~ Not really. I’d still like to pull off Vanellope Von Schweetz somehow, but I don’t think that’ll happen. I have always wanted to be either Christine Daae from “Phantom of the Opera” or Violet Baudelaire from “Lemony Snicket.”
118. Do you still go trick-or-treating?
~ Not since I was eleven.
119. Ever liked someone WAY older than you?
~ No. Because what constitutes too old, I guess? Actual age? Maturity level? You tell me.
120. Does it bother you when people have really loud conversations on the bus?
~ Yes, especially when it’s while they’re on their cell phone. Annoying as hell.
121. When you have sunglasses on, do you stare at people?
122. Ever had a credit card denied?
123. What’s the last movie you watched?
~ With family, “The Emperor’s New Groove.” By myself, “The Hobbit,” the animated film. With Johnny, “Beginners” In theaters, “Ex Machina.”
124. Last TV show?
~ “The Big Bang Theory.”
125. You see your ex making out with one of your friends. What do you do?
~ Probably feel a bit stung, tear up, and avert my eyes.
126. Ever been called a whore?
127. Ever sang the National Anthem?
~ Not in front of an audience.
128. Ever made yourself throw up?
129. Have you ever kissed someone who wasn’t your boyfriend?
~ I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek, if that counts.
130. Are you cute or gross?
~ I would say a little of both. Everyone is.
131. Does it bother you when people say “Look how much you’ve grown!”
~ It did when I was younger. It was just like, “Whatever, I’m just me.”
132. Can you say intelligent things around the guy you like?
~ Getting there.
133. Ever had the lead in a play?
134. What about a solo in a concert?
~ Yes, a flute solo with the band.
135. What kind of a student are you?
~ I am a good student, but I have severe test anxiety.
136. Worst grade you’ve ever gotten with a letter?
~ F. Okay, there, I guess you did ask; see Question 64 for my doubt.
137. Worst grade you’ve ever gotten with a number?
~ 40%. That was considered a ‘P,’ and in that particular class (fifth grade), we had to say our grades out loud in front of everyone. So embarrassing.
138. Ever had a crush on a teacher?
139. Would it bother you if you found out that your mother was pregnant?
~ No. I mean, I’d probably worry about her health and how she’d handle the pregnancy, but it wouldn’t bother me.
140. How late do you sleep in?
~ 7:30 am is late for me. Or 8:30 am.
141. Do you edit your profile pictures before posting them?
~ No. Some sites require cropping of the image, though, so I guess that’s a form of editing.
142. Be 100% honest. Do you have any friends who are uglier than you?
~ No. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
143. Do you believe in all that inner beauty crap?
~ Yes. And it isn’t crap. Do you know how long it took me to believe that I was actually worthwhile? Don’t call it ‘crap,’ because it really isn’t.
144. Would you consider yourself a good student?
145. Does it bother you when surveys ask “Did you like this survey?”
~ Yes. Because I’m a sucker for surveys, and I like them all the time.
146. Salty, sweet, sour or spicy?
~ In order: sweet, salty, sour, spicy.
147. Are you going into high school this year?
~ Nope. Graduated some years ago.
148. What about junior high?
~ Nope. Been out of junior high for many years now.
149. What is one thing someone could say to you right now that would make you cry?
~ Wow. That someone I loved had died.
150. Where did you find this survey?
~ On a website. Can’t remember which one.
151. Last question. How many unread messages are in your phone?
~ Zero. I read them all.
In closing, here’s a photo my dad took of me some years ago. I’m smiling in this photo, as you can see, and I’m still smiling today. So. I’m all right!