Just another questionnaire I found. And I’m trying to get the caffeine out of my system so I can sleep. Plus, I have new friends on Facebook so I thought I’d fill out an ice-breaker type questionnaire (hello, new Facebook friends). So here it is.
You might actually learn something new. You never know.
~ Mousenomia Tadpole.
3. When is your birthday?
~ January 5th.
4. Hair Color:
5. Eye Color:
~ Five feet, four-and-a-half inches. So you could round up or down. tee hee.
7. Where did you go to elementary school?
~ Hmm. That depends on where we were living at any given time. I went to three elementary schools: Bethesda Elementary in Lawrenceville, GA; Columbus Elementary in Appleton, WI; and Jefferson Elementary in Appleton, WI.
7a: Where did you go to middle school? (This was not part of the original questionnaire; I added it for posterity, tee hee.)
~ I went to two different middle schools: Wilson Junior High in Appleton, WI; and Edwardsville Junior High School in Edwardsville, IL.
8. Where did you go to high school?
~ I went to three different high schools in my four years of high school: Edwardsville High School in Edwardsville, IL; Waubonsie Valley High School in Aurora, IL; and Kennedy High School.
9. Who was your favorite teacher?
~ The creative writing teacher at Waubonsie Valley in Aurora, IL. She was the best.
10. Are you in college?
~ Not currently. But I’ve recently been thinking more and more about going back.
11. Where do/did you go to college?
~ I’ve gone to two different colleges thus far: Mount St. Clare College (n/k/a Ashford University) in Clinton, IA; and Kirkwood Community College.
12. What is/was your major?
~ Both times, it was English/creative writing.
13. What was your favorite subject?
~ Creative writing. Or, if you don’t count that as a subject, English.
14. What do you want to be when you grow up?
~ When I was younger, it was either to be a writer, an actress, a singer, or a meteorologist (yeah, I’d forgotten about the meteorology slant I had as a kid). Nowadays, I’m still wanting to be a writer/author, but I think I’d also like to try for being a counselor.
15. What is your favorite book?
~ The Language of Goldfish by Zibby O’Neal. I like to tell people that book would tell you more about me than I ever could.
16. Who is your favorite author?
~ It’s a tie between Sylvia Plath and Sarah Vowell. Really, I can’t choose between them.
17. What is your favorite quote?
~ Kate Winslet’s “This is me – like it or lump it.” Sums me right up.
18. What is your favorite children’s book?
~ The one I remember most fondly is Danny and the Dinosaur.
19. What is your favorite comedy film?
~ Hmm. Hard to pick just one. Some of my favorites include “Mean Girls,” “Galaxy Quest,” “Clue,” “Married to the Mob,” and “The Birdcage.” That’s quite the mix, let me tell you.
20. What is your favorite drama film?
~ “Badlands” is my favorite film of all time. Notwithstanding that choice, it is hard to choose just one. I tend to like dramatic movies more than any other genre, so I have many favorites.
21. What is your favorite horror film?
~ Either “Carrie,” “The Company of Wolves,” “The Craft,” or “May.” Notwithstanding those choices, I don’t really have one. I am not a big horror fan. I did go through a spate of time wherein horror was all I watched, and “Suspiria” was the best during that spate of time. But I no longer have “Suspiria” on DVD. So.
22. What is your favorite sci-fi film?
~ “Ex Machina,” I guess. Not really sci-fi, I know, so perhaps that doesn’t count. “The Fifth Element,” then. That’s more of a comedy, you say? Then perhaps the first three “Star Wars” movies. And by first three, I don’t mean the prequels.
23. What is your favorite Disney movie?
~ It’s a dead heat between “Frozen” and “Sleeping Beauty.”
24. Who is your favorite Disney character?
~ Elsa, no question. Anna is a close second, though, and then, I don’t know, Mulan.
25. Who is your favorite actor?
~ Nicolas Cage.
26. Who is your favorite actress?
~ Sissy Spacek.
27. What is the last movie you saw on DVD?
~ “Big Hero 6” with family.
28. What is the last movie you saw in theaters?
~ “Ex Machina.”
29. What is your favorite TV show?
~ It was “Daria” way back when. Nowadays, I don’t have a favorite TV show, because I hardly watch TV.
30. What is your favorite channel?
~ I really don’t have one. Used to watch Nickelodeon a lot, until our cable company’s dispute with Viacom couldn’t be resolved and they pulled all Viacom channels. Drat it, cable company! I tend to watch a lot of HGTV shows, so I guess it’d be HGTV.
31. Do you watch soaps?
~ No. Talk about unrealistic….
32. How many DVDs do you own?
~ Approximate 283.
33. What is your favorite song?
~ At the moment? Don’t really have one. Of all time? Won’t say just yet.
34. Who is your favorite music artist?
~ Neko Case.
35. What is your favorite band?
36. What is the last CD you bought?
~ In a hard copy? “Sylvia Plath Reading Her Poetry.” In MP3 format? Gosh, can’t remember.
37. What CD is in your CD player?
~ I am currently obsessed with and only listen to my Pandora stream on my phone. So my CDs are gathering dust, so to speak.
38. What is your favorite piece of artwork?
~ I like a lot of singular pieces, too numerous to name. But Andrew Wyeth’s “Christina’s World” is the first one I thought of off the top of my head when I read this question.
39. Who is your favorite artist?
~ Again, too many to name. Because I like art of all mediums. Notwithstanding, I love love love the Victorian photography of Julia Margaret Cameron. I need more books about her and her craft.
40. What is the last museum you went to?
~ That was the Milwaukee Art Museum, back in, gosh, 2006, I think. Whenever Mom went to Milwaukee and I tagged along. Perhaps that was 2007. I don’t remember when. But it was years ago.
41. What is your favorite color?
42. What is your favorite state?
43. Where is your favorite place to be?
~ My room. Or anywhere with Johnny.
44. What is your favorite restaurant?
45. What is your favorite type of food?
~ I don’t have a favorite type. I’ll try anything.
46. What is your favorite meal?
~ Mom’s spaghetti and meatballs. Mom makes the best spaghetti sauce.
47. What do you normally eat for breakfast?
~ Well, I usually drink orange juice; orange juice is my coffee, man. I usually eat at work, and choose either an apple with peanut butter or else strawberry yogurt.
48. What is your favorite flavor of muffin?
~ Chocolate chip.
49. Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
50. What is your favorite dessert?
~ I’m more of a cake person, but I really don’t have a favorite dessert.
51. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
~ Either mint chocolate chip or just plain chocolate.
52. What vegetable do you hate the most?
~ Green beans.
53. What is your favorite vegetable?
~ Corn or peas.
54. How many times a week do you eat out?
~ “Eating out” in terms of fast food, perhaps once a week. Well, less than that; we’re all trying to break the habit of fast food. Going out to eat with Johnny is different – we perhaps go out twice a week.
55. What is the last thing you ate?
~ Cheese pizza rolls for dinner.
56. What is your favorite sport?
~ To watch? Either baseball or hockey. To play? Volleyball.
57. Do you prefer sports live or on TV?
~ Both. It just depends on my mood.
58. Who is your favorite team?
~ I’m partial to any and all Chicago teams….well, except the White Sox. So I like the Cubs, the Bears, the Blackhawks, and the Bulls. I also like the Green Bay Packers. And, of course, all the local teams of now (Kernels and RoughRiders) and Illinois teams of my youth (Peoria Chiefs and Peoria Rivermen).
59. What sports do you play?
~ I like volleyball, like I said, and I like biking and running.
60. Do you like working out?
~ Yeah, it’s all right.
61. How many times a week do you work out?
~ I was up to three times a week, and I’ve got to get back into that habit. I’m healed up fully now, and have doctor’s clearance to run again, so.
62. Are you racist?
~ I like to think I’m not. But I’m sure somewhere, somehow I have racist tendencies.
63. Are you considered a nice person?
64. What is your favorite physical feature on yourself?
~ My eyes, I guess.
65. What is your favorite personality trait of yourself?
~ My power of observation.
66. Do you have any piercings?
~ Yes, my ears are pierced twice.
67. Do you have any tattoos?
~ No, though I’ve often thought about getting one.
68. Who is your role model?
~ My family.
69. Do you have any children?
~ Not at present.
70. Do you want children?
~ Yes, in the future.
71. How many children do you want?
~ I don’t know yet.
72. Do you want to get married?
~ Perhaps. I don’t want to make any missteps, though; if I got married, I’d want it to be for life. I mean, I know it wouldn’t be perfect all the time, but I would feel awful if it ended in divorce. So I’d do all I could to make sure it didn’t end in divorce.
73. Are you married?
74. Have you ever been married?
75. Are you a virgin?
76. When did you lose your virginity?
77. How many people have you had sex with?
78. When is the last time you had sex?
79. What is your favorite board game?
~ Yahtzee. Which technically isn’t a board game, but it is a great family game.
80. What is your favorite video game?
~ I don’t play a lot of video games, but on the rare occasion when I feel like ‘killing’ someone, I will play “Soul Caliber II.”
81. Do you own any video game consoles?
~ I personally just have a Game Boy Color (yes, really). But you name it, the family has probably owned it at one point or another. We’ve had Game Boys and Playstations and Wiis and a Nintendo 64 and a Nintendo Game Cube and even an Atari way back when. We even had a Sega Dreamcast for a time.
82. How many TVs do you have?
~ I have one. The household has four.
83. Do you have a computer?
~ Yes. In fact, I have both a computer and a laptop.
84. Which do you prefer, laptop or desktop?
~ I primarily use my desktop for everything but, for times when it’s late at night and I’m suffering from insomnia and don’t want to disturb anyone, I’ll use my laptop on occasion.
85. What is your favorite computer game?
~ I like the “Drawn” series from Big Fish Games. They are a trilogy (thus far), including “The Painted Tower,” “Dark Flight,” and “Trail of Shadows.”
86. What is your favorite website?
~ Hmm. I don’t really have one.
87. What is your email address?
88. What is your favorite animal?
~ I like all animals. Truly I do.
89. Do you like spiders?
~ Little non-poisonous spiders, though if they’re in the house, they unfortunately have to die.
90. Do you like snakes?
~ Little non-poisonous snakes, like garden snakes.
91. Are you in love?
92. Have you ever been in love?
93. Have you ever had your heart broken?
94. Have you ever broken someone else’s heart?
~ No. At least, I hope not.
95. Have you ever been cheated on?
96. Have you ever cheated on someone else?
97. Are you in a relationship?
98. Do you like cuddling?
99. Do you consider yourself a good girlfriend/boyfriend?
~ I hope I am a good girlfriend.
100. What’s your favorite part of being in a relationship?
~ Just being there, and sharing in wonderful moments with someone else. I am happier now than I ever was single.
101. Sunrise or sunset?
102. Winter or summer?
103. Spring or fall?
104. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
~ Both, but only in moderation. I’m not a huge chocolate eater.
105. Love or hate?
106. Car, truck, or SUV?
~ Car. A small car.
107. Night or day?
108. Velvet or silk?
109. What is your favorite holiday?
~ Halloween. Though not for obvious reasons.
110. Crayola or Rose Art?
~ Crayola has the best crayons, but Rose Art has the better colored pencils, I’ve found.
111. When is the last time you took a shower?
112. When is the last time you took a bath?
~ Um. Quite a while ago. I prefer showers to baths….
113. Do you like bubble baths?
~ ….but I do like bubble baths. It’s just been a while since I took one.
114. What kind of shampoo do you use?
~ I use that Tresemme climate control line. Seems to help the frizz.
115. Soap or body wash?
~ Soap dries out my skin, so body wash. As long as it’s unscented – if it’s too perfumey, it makes me break out.
116. What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
~ I can actually wear the Beauticontrol fragrances ‘Glimmer and Glam’ and ‘Brown Sugar’ without them irritating my skin. And, as an added bonus, ‘Brown Sugar’ keeps pesky bugs and gnats away. True story.
117. Coffee or tea?
~ Tea, thanks to Johnny. One time at Barnes and Noble, he tried this green tea that had hints of coconut, vanilla, and ginger in it. And it was soooo good! I liked it so much, I bought a whole little tin of it (30 satchels). The catchphrase of the tea was ‘Green tea with a Thai twist.’
118. Do you smoke?
~ No, and I never will.
119. What is your favorite nonalcoholic beverage?
~ Soda. Just any soda. It’s a bad habit I’m trying to break.
120. Do you drink alcohol?
~ No, and I never will.
121. What is your favorite mixed drink?
122. What is your favorite liquor?
123. What do you look for in a girlfriend/boyfriend?
~ I look for a boy who likes music, who could make me laugh, who can tolerate a big (or at least, a weird) family, and who likes cats. And Johnny fits all of those.
124. What is your favorite hair color for a girlfriend/boyfriend?
~ Dark hair.
125. What is your favorite eye color for a girlfriend/boyfriend?
126. What is your favorite characteristic for a girlfriend/boyfriend?
~ Someone who is open and genuine.
127. Are you romantic?
~ I don’t know. I’m trying. I haven’t thought of any romantic gestures as of yet.
128. Are you a hopeless romantic?
~ I don’t know. I think I’m more of a sensible romantic, pragmatic. However, I could go head over heels. You never know.