Hi, all! How have things been going with you?
So. First things first. I did not make the cut for the local production of This Is My Brave. I’m sorta bummed about that, actually. I guess mine was not a compelling enough story, perhaps. But it is my story. Oh well. C’est la vie. It won’t deter me from possibly starting volunteer work. I am still researching that avenue. I sort of don’t know where to begin. Cousin Lisa and aunt Tracie both suggested work with the VA and veterans with depression or PTSD, but I would think you’d need a counseling degree or something for that, wouldn’t you? Anyway, I’ll look into it. I’d like to get a car first.
That’s the next thing. I had my first driving session today. Looks like it’ll just be me and my instructor; I do not have a partner, seeing as I’m an adult student. But that’s fine with me – I prefer having the one on one instruction for this. I was so scared when I initially got in the car, I started crying a little. Yeah, I know, I’m pathetic. But it was only for an hour. We drove around the parking lot for a little bit, to get used to turning and maneuvering, and then we took a trip through the town of Marion. That was really cool. I did all right. I didn’t get into a crash, I didn’t run up onto a curb – my instructor said I did really well. I need to remember the following: 1) to stay in my turn lane; 2) to get over as soon as I check my blind spot when I’m changing lanes; and 3) to pull up more to make a 90-degree turn.
I would tell you more about me and Johnny, but that’s still a matter for processing. Let me just say that our relationship is going really well, and I thank the Lord that Johnny came into my life. I can be completely honest with Johnny, and he doesn’t judge me. In fact, he’s very understanding. And that is a relief to me. So, thank you, Lord.
And now, another survey. This one is entitled ’84 Questions.’ Yes, it’s a long one. But I had a good time filling it out.
1. Put your music player of choice on shuffle and list the first 10 songs.
That would be my phone, and my Pandora stream. That’s my music player/music program. Just an FYI.
1. “Wild Horses” by The Sundays.
2. “Someone to Love” by Kate Earl.
3. “Levon” by Elton John.
4. “Over You” by Miranda Lambert.
5. “When the World Ends” by The Bittersweets.
6. “Pale Shelter” by Tears for Fears.
7. “This is the Last Time” by Keane.
8. “Heart-Shaped Box” by Nirvana.
9. “Evening” by Unfinished Thought.
10. “Lover Come Back to Me” by Billie Holiday.
2. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Would you take anyone with you?
I wouldn’t spend a week – I would have to spend one month in Europe, revisiting where the band went when I was in ninth grade. So that’d be Amsterdam and Maastricht in the Netherlands, Cologne and Aachen in Germany, Brussels and Brugge in Belgium, and Paris, France. I’d want Johnny to come with me, and perhaps my family.
3. What is your preferred writing implement? (eg. Blue pen, pencil, green pen)
Pencil. That way, I can erase. And I prefer blue pens to black pens. Dunno why.
4. Favourite month and why?
Hmm…. October. Yes, I know, why would I choose the month that, at one point, was the worst of my life? I dunno. It’s just because.
5. Do you have connections to any celebrities (even minor)? List them.
Well….my cousin Lisa starred in a movie called “Ivansxtc,” if you’re at all familiar with that movie. She’s the only real ‘celebrity’ in the family, having worked in Hollywood for a time.
6. Name 3 items you could pick up from where you are.
My souvenir sand and shells from Savannah, my Snoopy and Woodstock figurine, and a variety of pens and pencils.
7. What brand logo is closest to you currently?
Brand logo? I dunno. Scentsy. I have my various Scentsy scents here on my desk, because I have no place else to put them.
8. Do you ever play board games or other non-computer games? Got any favourites?
Sure. I prefer stuff like Clue, Scrabble, Life, or Monopoly. Or Yahtzee! Love Yahtzee. Or Pit. If you’ve never played Pit before, go educate yourself. That’s a fun game. Fun and loud.
9. A musical artist you love that isn’t well known.
10. A musical artist you love that is well known.
11. What is your desktop background currently?
Gir on his piggy:
12. Last person you talked to, and through what you talked to them.
My family and I were gossiping about the arrest that happened just now in our neighborhood. Long story. Don’t ask. Suffice to say, Older Sister now has a police scanner app on her phone.
13. First colour name you can think of that isn’t in the rainbow.
14. What timekeeping devices are in the room you are currently in?
My alarm clock. And some defunct watches (I just need new batteries in them).
15. What kind of headphones do you use?
I use earbuds. Yeah, I don’t have proper headphones anymore – they’re all earbuds.
16. What musical artists have you seen perform live?
I haven’t ever been to a concert.
17. Does virginity matter to you?
Yes, because I still am one. I don’t mind if a boyfriend or a potential lover doesn’t have his virginity, but I still am a virgin. So, that’s how it matters to me. It’s not like I’m going to wait until marriage, which is probably TMI, but that’s how it goes.
18. What gaming consoles do you or your family own?
You name it, we’ve probably owned it at one point. I know we have a Wii, a Game Cube, an Xbox of some kind, and various hand held game devices from Solitaire to Nintendo DS to, yes, even still a Game Boy Color. Legend has it we even once had an Atari, although I don’t remember that. So.
19. What pets do you have? What are their names?
I have a cat named Nuala and a parakeet named Little Blue. My Older Sister, who lives with us, has a dog named Jasper and two cats named Camille and Teag.
20. What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
The job I’m currently at, in the records department.
21. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
I haven’t had a worst job, but I wasn’t keen on being a sales associate.
22. What magazines do you read, if any?
I don’t read magazines anymore. I used to read them a lot, like Seventeen and People and hairstyling magazines. But I don’t anymore.
23. Inspiration behind your URL?
Um, my blog title, duh. I’m not that interesting or creative.
24. Inspiration behind your blog title?
Okay, it’s nothing sordid or sexual in nature. My tagline says it all – a mouse’s safest domain is the basement. And my nickname is Mouse. And I consider myself a perpetual girl. Hence, the ‘Girl in a Basement.’
25. Favourite item of clothing?
I like comfortable clothing all around, so I don’t have a favorite singular item of clothing.
26. Are you friends with any exes?
That would require having an ex first, so no.
27. Name at least one book you loved as a child.
You’ll get sick of me saying this, but The Language of Goldfish by Zibby O’Neal.
28. What’s your native language? If that language has distinct regional variations, which variation (eg. AU English, US English)
My native language is English. US English. And many a discerning Iowan has told me that I have a Wisconsin accent, which I find ridiculous. I have my own style and tone and pattern of speaking. I have no accent, Southern, New York, or otherwise.
29. What email service do you use?
Hotmail, which is now Outlook.
30. Is there anything hanging on the walls of the room you are currently in?
Yes. I have my picture that says “Never let anyone dull your sparkle;” I have my inspirational words hung on the wall (Faith, Cherish, Live, Dream, Hope, Believe, Joy, and Love); and I have several angels on the walls.
31. What’s your favourite number, and why?
Either 5 or 7. Or even 17. For an obvious reason.
32. Earliest moment in your life you can remember?
Egad. I have so many memories vying for the title of ‘earliest,’ I really can’t pick just one.
33. What did you have for dinner yesterday?
I didn’t. It was a strange day yesterday, and I skipped dinner. I know, that’s not good for me!
34. How often do you brush your teeth?
I try to do it twice a day.
35. What’s your favourite candy/chocolate?
I like Skittles for candy, and milk chocolate for chocolate.
36. Have you had other blogs? Do you have any other blogs currently?
I used to have a blog called Mouse’s Lilypad, but I deleted that blog in 2012. I currently only run this particular blog.
37. If you were suddenly really hungry, what would you choose to eat?
Something healthy, hopefully. I don’t know what. Depends on my mood.
38. What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?
I don’t know. What’s a fandom?
39. If you could study anything, what would it be?
Psychology. Again, for obvious reasons.
40. Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick)
Yes, I use lip balm from Beauticontrol. It works wonders.
41. How would you describe your sense of humour?
Wry, dry, cynical, sarcastic to a degree. I grew up with Monty Python, so there’s a warped edge to my humor. What I find funny, others may not necessarily find funny, and vice versa.
42. What things annoy you more than anything else?
Intolerance, people reading over my shoulder, people standing over my shoulder, people that will not shut up for anything. Little things.
43. What kind of position are you in at the moment?
44. Do you wear much jewelry?
I like jewelry. Just don’t overdo it.
45. Who is the leader of your country, currently? Any other levels of government with leaders?
(State, region, province, county, district, municipality, etc)
In the country, currently, President Barack Obama; in the state, currently, Governor Terry Branstad.
47. What do you carry your money in?
48. Do you enjoy driving? Why or why not?
I had my first driving session this morning, and I was a nervous wreck, but I did all right. It’ll be all right, I think. I think I will enjoy the independence of it, but I shall always be on my guard.
49. Longest drive you have ever been on?
From Illinois to Georgia, which was fifteen hours.
50. Furthest away from home you have ever been?
In each direction: north – Door County, Wisconsin; south – Savannah, Georgia; west – Colorado; east – Cologne and Aachen, Germany.
51. How many times have you moved house?
Let me think. I have moved at least eight times in my life.
52. What is on the floor of the room you’re currently in, not including furniture?
My room is a mess. I have to clean it up. There are various books and papers and things on the floor.
53. How many devices do you own which can access the internet?
Two. My computer and my phone. If you ask me about the whole house, I would say everyone’s computer, everyone’s phone (except the land line), and the televisions.
54. Is there is anything that is guaranteed to always make you happy?
My boyfriend. My pets. Writing a good story or poem.
55. Is there anything that always makes you sad?
Careful with this question. I have depression, so anything and everything could make me sad.
56. What programs do you currently have open?
My Apache Open Office, in case inspiration strikes, and my internet, to make this blog post. That’s it.
57. What do you associate the colour red with?
It used to be anger, back when I was younger. Nowadays, I’ve been told I look good in red, so it’s a more positive connotation now.
58. Last strong smell you can remember smelling?
Chlorine. Though that may have just been a figment of my imagination; either that, or the country club nearby was getting ready for the spring season waaaay too early.
59. Last healthy thing you ate?
A salad for lunch at work.
60. Do you drink tea or coffee, and how much per day?
I don’t drink coffee, never could get behind the taste. As for tea, I prefer raspberry tea, although I’ve been turned on to different teas thanks to Johnny.
61. What do you associate the colour blue with?
Sadness, the sky, the ocean.
62. How long is the closest ruler you can find?
63. What colour pants/skirt/etc are you currently wearing?
My blue jeans.
64. When was the last time you drank water?
I drink water every day now, so it was for lunch today.
65. How often do you clear your browser history?
I don’t know. Twice a week? I have nothing to hide.
66. Do you believe nude photos can be artistic, rather than erotic?
67. Ever written fanfiction for anything?
No. But I have read some. Rather interesting.
68. Last formal event you attended.
The holiday office party. (The Valentine’s Day dance wasn’t formal, even though I dressed up for it.)
69. If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why?
I wouldn’t. I’d keep it right where it is.
70. Would you prefer to be at a beach or in the countryside?
The countryside. I’m weird that way.
71. Roughly how many people live in your town?
Roughly….I don’t know. *trots to Google* Okay, roughly 127,000. Which doesn’t sound right to me, but there it is.
72. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
No, but there are people who do, so.
73. Favourite place to shop? Can be a certain store or a place where there are multiple stores.
I like to shop, period. I like Kohls, and Walmart, and Hot Topic, and Etsy, and Modcloth, and Maurices, and the list goes on and on.
74. Do you have a smartphone? What kind? If you don’t, do you want one?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.
75. What is your least favourite colour, and why?
I don’t have a least favorite color, strange but true. They’re all good.
76. How do you spell grey/gray?
Depends. Either way is acceptable, so either way I feel like spelling it, I’ll spell it.
77. Go to your dashboard and describe the image shown in the radar section (below the “Find blogs” link)
78. What difference is there between how many followers you have, and the number of blogs you follow?
I lost count of both, but I don’t think there’s much of a difference.
79. How many posts do you have?
Over 400 now.
80. How many posts have you liked?
At least 100, probably more.
81. Do you post mainly reblogs, or your own content?
My own content. Which is incredibly selfish of me, I know.
82. Do you track any tags?
83. What time is it currently?
84. Is there anything you should be doing right now?
Either joining the family downstairs watching TV, or cleaning my room. It’s too early for bed.
That was fun! Let’s do another one again someday!