Aww, no one wanted to play the music game?!? Waah!
Oh well. Let me know if you want the answers, because, and I mean no disrespect or snobbery here, I am currently disinclined to post them.
Instead, how about another questionnaire? Like I’ve said over and over, I’m a sucker for these things.
1. What type of criminal would you be?
~ I could never be a criminal. I’m a horrible liar, I couldn’t hurt a fly or a ladybug, and I’m waaay too nice a person. So there.
2. What are you listening to right now?
~ Nothing in particular, just the keyboard clacking away. Mom and Older Sister are watching “Rehab Addict” downstairs, and occasionally laughing.
3. If you had to choose a stripper name, what would it be?
~ Aricele. Pronounced ‘air-ih-sell-ee.’ Dunno why. It’s just a cool name.
4. If your phone started ringing, who would you hope is calling?
~ Johnny. Or Gina. Or even the work phone tree, saying the office was closed tomorrow. Eh, pipe dream, that. We’re off Monday for President’s Day, anyway.
5. Do you drink?
6. Do you smoke?
~ No. Though I’ve often considered it. But I wouldn’t.
7. What is the first thing you notice in someone?
~ Their personality. Then their eyes. Then, at least with men, their hands.
8. Do you get attached easily?
~ I don’t know. I don’t think so.
9. Do you like your eye color?
~ They’re brown, so brown they’re almost black. They’re all right. I’d never wear contacts to change my eye color, if that’s what you mean.
10. Have any stupid human tricks?
~ No, not really. I can’t wiggle my ears, I can’t curl my tongue. I can cry on command, to a degree; depends on my mood.
11. Humor me. What physical ideal do you imagine in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?
~ Physical ideal? I don’t know. I don’t have a physical ideal, I guess. I’m not picky.
12. What type of personality traits do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?
~ Someone who can make me laugh, someone who likes cats, someone who is respectful and not judgmental, and someone who would be willing to face my depressions head-on with me and not stop loving me because of them.
13. Any other essential quirks/interests/other you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?
~ He would have to like music. That’s about it.
14. Any romantic gestures you really like?
~ Just hand holding, really.
15. Any sexual fantasies? Are you daring enough to share one?
~ Sure, but I’m not brave enough to share one. They’re all quite virginal anyway, so.
16. Have you ever been in love?
17. Do you have a crush/romantic interest in anyone?
18. What’s your sexual orientation (if you feel comfortable answering)?
~ I am straight. I went through a whole questioning phase when I was a teenager, but I’m into guys. Girls are too catty sometimes.
19. What’s your favorite color and why?
~ Blue. Because, as Regina Spektor sings, blue is “the most human color.”
20. What was your most embarrassing moment?
~ The two times when someone read my journal/writing without my permission.
21. Do you ever wish you were someone else?
~ No. There’s no one I’d rather be than me.
22. What were you like when you were a kid?
~ Sensitive, quirky, observant, emotional. That’s all I can think of right now. Those were the big ones.
23. What would your dream house be like?
~ Two or three bedrooms, two levels, cozy, organized. I can’t think of what else right now.
24. What last made you laugh?
~ Nothing, really. I haven’t had a really big laugh in a long time. I nervous laugh a lot, but that’s about it.
25. Do you have a place you like to go to collect your thoughts?
~ My room.
26. What is your favorite/least favorite word?
~ My favorite word is ‘write,’ for obvious reasons. My least favorite word is ‘calcium;’ maybe I’ll explain why later.
27. What turns you on?
28. What turns you off?
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
30. Would you go bungee jumping/sky diving if given the chance?
~ Probably not. I mean, flying was one thing, but I prefer my feet to stay on the ground.
31. Do you have any siblings?
~ Yes, three. Older Sister and my two younger Brothers.
32. Do you like to dance?
~ I don’t dance. I’ve never danced. I don’t think I have any rhythm. We’ll find out Saturday.
33. What is your definition of cheating?
~ Hmm. Cheating. I’ve never done it before. There are many definitions I could think of. Let’s just scratch the surface, and say it’s doing something wrong and dishonest.
34. Have you ever stolen anything?
~ No. Well, I take that back. There were a couple times, in school, where I nicked a couple books from various class libraries. So, yeah, I guess I’ve stolen before.
35. Do you regret anything?
~ A couple things. One is not having a solid relationship with Gina for many years. The other is not holding someone’s hand when I had the chance; I might tell you more about that later. Even though the saying goes, “Don’t regret anything because, at one point, it was exactly what you wanted;” that may be true in my case for a lot of things, but not those two things.
36. Do you have any phobias?
~ Bees, needles, driving (to a degree); plus a healthy fear of fire and water.
37. Ever broken any bones?
~ No. That was Younger Brother.
38. Ever come close to death?
39. What is your religion/spirituality, if any?
~ I was born and raised Catholic, but I’m no longer serious about it. Left my heart of faith at St. Mary’s in Wisconsin. It is good to think about, though.
40. Have you ever been to a psychiatrist/therapist?
~ Currently see both, a psychiatrist and a therapist. It helps. Immensely.
41. Are looks important in a relationship?
~ No, not really.
42. Are you more like your mom or your dad?
~ I’m a perfect amalgamation of both parents. I’ll leave it to you to suss out which parts are which.
43. What is your favorite season?
~ Fall. Reminds me of new starts, much more so than spring.
44. Do you have any tattoos?
~ No, but I’ve often thought of getting one.
45. Do you have any piercings?
~ My ears are pierced twice.
46. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?
~ Just one. Johnny and I are official. More on that later.
47. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
~ Yes. I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but Severus Snape. Eh, I blame Alan Rickman.
48. What is your favorite thing to do?
49. If you could only visit one place outside of your hometown, where would it be?
~ Hmm. Tough one. Seattle, Washington. Or Australia. Or London, England.
50. Do you get jealous easily?
~ No, I don’t. I used to, I guess. But that’s waned with age.
51. What is your favorite type of food?
~ I don’t have a favorite type. I’ll try anything.
52. Do you ever want to get married?
53. Who was your first kiss with?
54. How many people have you kissed?
~ Aside from family? One.
55. What is your idea of the perfect date?
~ Just a simple dinner and a movie. Although I did like ice skating.
56. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
~ I am very much an introvert.
57. Do you believe in life on other planets, ghosts, or mythical creatures?
~ I believe in ghosts, from personal experience. Mythical creatures, eh, not so much. And I believe Bill Watterson said it best about aliens: “The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
58. What talent do you wish you’d been born with?
59. What is your saddest memory?
~ Wow. I can’t pick just one. The saddest moment of my life is when we got the news that Father Mike passed away.
60. Do you believe in love at first sight?
~ Not really. I believe it takes time.
61. Do you believe in soul mates?
62. Have you ever dyed your hair?
~ Several times. Once, I even dyed my hair black. Never again. I’ll stick with auburn.
63. Has someone ever spread a nasty rumor about you?
~ No, thank goodness. I mean, I was bullied growing up, but never like that, at least.
64. Would you go against your moral code for money?
65. What are three things most people don’t know about you?
~ Tough to say. I don’t think there’s anything I haven’t revealed here on this blog. Go play detective. Or go binge read. I’ll wait. 🙂
66. Have you ever been diagnosed with depression?
~ Yes. And bipolar disorder. And social phobia. And anxiety issues. And mild Asperger’s syndrome. And those diagnoses still stand to this day.
67. Have you ever contemplated suicide?
~ For certain. But I’d never try it again.
68. How long was your longest relationship?
~ The one I’m currently in has lasted about three months now.
69. Is the glass half empty or half full?
~ It’s in between. It could go either way.
70. What is the sexiest thing someone could ever do for/to you?
~ I’m going to keep that to myself for the time being.
71. Who is your most loyal friend?
72. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner, what is your favorite thing about him/her?
~ Everything. I like that he is understanding, and patient with me.
73. What is your favorite thing about your body and your personality?
~ My favorite thing about my body? Don’t really have one. Let me just say I like myself; it took me a long time to be able to say that. My favorite thing about my personality? It’s unconventional.
74. Are you a bad person?
~ I hope not.
75. Are you a lover or a fighter?
~ A lover.
76. What did you do on your last birthday?
~ I went to a doctor appointment, took the bus home, and trudged through seven inches of snow to get home. Then I had some chili mac for supper. I was supposed to go out with Johnny, but the weather would not permit it. Drat it.
77. What is your favorite quote and why?
~ It’s from the movie “Badlands,” and it is: “….Instead I sat in the car and read a map, and spelled out entire sentences with my tongue on the roof of my mouth, where nobody could read ’em.” Story of my life, that is. That’s why I like it.
78. If your best friend died, what would you do?
~ I’d never be the same.
79. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
~ I would stop the bullying before it started.
80. If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
~ Set everything right, and make sure people knew how much I loved them.
81. What is the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
~ I don’t remember the particulars, but it had to do with a baby, a red barn, and a meat grinder. Yeah. I don’t think you want to know.
82. Are you happier single or in a relationship?
~ So far, I’ve been happier in a relationship.
83. Who were you in a past life?
~ Um. I dunno. I think I’d have been the same sort of person I was now.
84. What is your happiest childhood memory?
~ Playing in the leaves with uncles.
85. Have you ever experienced unrequited love?
86. Have you ever had an imaginary friend?
~ Oh yes. I had quite the imagination, let me tell you.
87. What is the story behind one of your scars?
~ I have several. One is on my wrist, when I “accidentally” put my hand through a window. One is right along my tailbone, from surgery from a pilonidal cyst. And one looks like a circular band-aid grafted onto my skin, no joke, from a nuisance bug bite that the doctor removed; she thought it might have been a tumor, but it wasn’t.
88. What is your ideal career?
~ I’m in it. Something in an administrative capability or records capability.
89. Do you want kids?
~ Yes, absolutely. Was never able to say that before, but I do now.
90. Are you conservative or liberal?
~ I am neither. I belong to the MMI party – Me, Myself, and I. I don’t do politics, period.
91. Is the male or female body closest to perfection?
~ *scoffs* Puh-leeze. Nobody’s perfect.
92. How do you feel about PDA?
~ I quite like it. It’s bold. Daring. Yes, I quite like it.
93. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
~ There would be no war.
94. Where would you like to live?
~ Seattle, Washington. But really, anywhere where I had close relations would be fine. That’s why I tend to say, “All roads lead to Illinois,” because all my family is there.
95. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
~ Ooo. Anywhere. No, seriously, anywhere. I’d hitchhike to California, I’d need a month in Europe, I’d go back to Savannah in a heartbeat. I’ll go anywhere.
96. Describe yourself in one word.
97. Describe yourself in one sentence.
~ A flawed girl, doing her flawed best in a flawed world.
98. Where do you see yourself in five years?
~ Perhaps married, yet independent, with children, in a good place, in a good job, driving, still the same, yet so different, so as to be completely new. If that makes any sense.
99. What is your greatest accomplishment?
100. What is the meaning of life?
~ 42!!!!!!!! (Who got that?!?)
Questionnaires are so fun!