So I found this game via my cousin Gina’s Facebook page. Granted it’s several months old, and I wasn’t tagged in it, but I thought it would be fun for a Friday. So I’m posting it today.
For me, my music player is now my phone. All the songs herein were fom my Pandora stream on shuffle mode. Kinda eerie how the first lines played out, but you’ll see that. And I only skipped one song, because it was instrumental, and therefore had no lyrics.
If anything, this gives you an excuse to listen to music for a good long while. Which is always good! Because, for the most part, I listened to each and every song for this game.
It occurred to me, going through this, that some of these will be way too easy, but some of them might be a challenge to you. tee hee. We shall see, I guess.
I tweaked the steps of the game just a tad, to fit the blog.
STEP 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
STEP 2: Post the first line from the 1st 25 songs, no matter how embarrassing.
STEP 3: Guess the song title and/or artist in the “Comments” section.
STEP 4: Bonus points if you don’t cheat in any way, shape, or form. That means no Google searches!
STEP 5: If you like this game, post your own.
Answers will be posted at a later date, not long from now. So. And I guess I can’t stop you if you use Google searches; besides, the points don’t matter, and all of these songs are worth listening to.
1. “Turn it inside out so I can see/The part of you that’s drifting over me….”
2. “When you, when you forget your name….”
3. “I was scared of dentists and the dark….”
4. “Curl up inside me/C’mon, hide for a while….”
5. “She said I don’t know if I’ve ever been good enough….”
6. “Never thought that I would grow so old of seeing the gold….”
7. “Got introduced to you by a friend….”
8. “So that’s how you found me/Rain falling around me….”
9. “Everything went wrong/And the whole day long….”
10. “I don’t know what you smoke….”
11. “She was always walking/Singing to her footsteps….”
12. “Shine with the mornin’/Beginnin’ to pick up the mess that you made….”
13. “Lying under setting sun/The day is done, my heart is won….”
14. “I’m so far, so far away from it now….”
15. “Your stitches are all out, but your scars are healing wrong….”
16. “I was dreaming of the past/And my heart was beating fast….”
17. “Don’t breathe the air/Don’t drink the water/You might die of a rare disease….”
18. “Stand up straight/Do your trick/Turn on the stars….”
19. “Somewhere in the country/There’s a place where nobody knows your name….”
20. “Head under water/And they tell me to breathe easy for a while….”
21. “Love of mine, someday you will die/But I’ll be close behind….”
22. “I see stars above me/But the sky is bare….”
23. “So be it, I’m your crowbar….”
24. “The Virgin Mary, all dressed in blue/Sings ‘My First Lover’ for an audience of two….”
25. “In spite of all, we’re still together….”
And because I can’t leave well enough alone, here’s a Funny for you as well.
Mahna Mahna was actually written by an Italian composer, if I remember correctly, but was immortalized by the Muppets. I’ve never heard the original, I only know the Muppets’ version. And here it is, to its entirety. For whatever reason, I woke up singing this, and decided it would be the Funny for today. Don’t ask.
Many thanks to Youtube user Justin Caise for the video.