Dear John at writingthebody has nominated me!
Thank you so much, John!
The rules are:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less than 1,000 followers.
5. Ask 11 questions of your 5 – 11 nominees.
5 – 11 Nominees:
I’m not good with choosing who to nominate, because everyone is so strong in their own right. In that regard, if you’re reading this, consider yourself nominated. You can either answer the following questions in comments or on your own blog.
11 questions from Mouse to you:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite musical instrument?
3. Do you have a favorite season, and why?
4. What do you believe in?
5. What do you like most about your job; or, if you’re a student, what do you like most about school?
6. What do you fear?
7. Are you a wanderer or a stay-put type of person?
8. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
9. If you drink soda, do you prefer Coke or Pepsi, or something else entirely?
10. If you had to be a teacher of something, what would you teach?
11. What is something unexpected that has changed about you in the last few years?
11 facts about myself:
1. Despite my good memory, I can be very forgetful. Like, I’m the kind of person who gets bummed out because she doesn’t have enough change to use a pay phone while she’s out, until she remembers she has a cell phone!
2. I can be impatient at times, but I hope I cover it well.
3. The sole time I have ever tried to drive (aside from driver’s ed courses in high school), I nearly ran into every parked car on our block. Got a lot of long horrified looks from passerbys, too. How embarrassing.
4. I like to input codes from soda bottle caps and try to win prizes. I won a Flip video camera that way.
5. Every house we’ve ever lived in has been in relatively close proximity to train tracks. Hence, a fascination with trains on my part.
6. Thanks to Elvie, I learned that vanilla scented perfume will ward off pesky gnats. And that’s actually a scent I can wear without breaking out, thank goodness. So now I wear it all the time, and it really works.
7. At work, I like to be busy all day. I hate having downtime at work.
8. I’ve been told I have a Wisconsin accent by many a discerning Iowan, and I can’t understand what they’re hearing that tells them so. While some of my formative years were spent in Wisconsin, I also lived in Illinois and Georgia for a time, too. So, I don’t know.
9. I have K.M. Weiland’s ‘Wordplayer’s Manifesto’ printed out, framed, and prominently displayed on my computer desk. It inspires me.
10. My current library (in my room) is full to overflowing with books. Thank you, Half Price Books, and curse you as well.
11. I like collecting pewter figurines but, since pewter is so expensive anymore, I don’t have very many.
My answers to John’s 11 questions:
1. Do you have many friends?
~ I don’t. I have some acquaintances, and my co-workers of course. But no friends.
2. What do you value in a friend?
~ Being able to talk to a friend about anything, and they don’t judge.
3. Can a purely online relationship be a true friendship?
~ Sure. Why not?
4. How long have you been friends with your longest friendship?
~ I don’t have a close friendship like that. I mean, I’ve known Cora for about twenty years, but we’re hardly close anymore.
5. Can a lover also be a friend?
~ Yes. I would think that should be the way it goes, shouldn’t it?
6. Do you have a pet?
~ I have three – a cat (Nuala), a dog (Muirne), and a parakeet (Little Blue).
7. What do you like reading?
~ I’ve found my taste in reading is becoming eclectic. I can read just about anything now. I like reading coming-of-age stories the most, which is not technically a genre of reading, but it’s what I like reading. Journeys of the soul. Yeah, I like reading those. And writing them, but that’s another story.
8. What kind of person are you?
~ I still don’t know. The best word to describe myself would be ‘unconventional.’
9. How do other people see you?
~ As shy and quiet.
10. What is your favourite food to eat?
~ Hmm. That’s tough, as I have a love-hate relationship with food. Fruit, probably. The cafeteria at the current company puts together the best fresh fruit cups.
11. What is your favourite food to cook?
~ I like cooking and baking just about anything, so I don’t really have a favorite thing to cook.