Don’t hate me, but I’m on a survey kick! I might just be bored, or something. It’s not that I don’t have anything to say, it’s just, well, I felt like doing a survey/questionnaire.
This questionnaire is entitled ’65 things you’ve probably never been asked.’ And some of these questions, yes, I’ve never been asked.
1. First thing you wash in the shower?
~ My hair.
2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
~ Purplish-pink with the Queen logo emblazoned on the back of it.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
~ I’ve never kissed a person before, aside from family members.
4. Do you plan outfits?
~ Lately, yes. Or at least I try to. It’s business casual attire at work, but I take it up a notch and try to dress just business-y.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
~ Ill. I’m fighting something, be it a cold or the flu. I hate cold and flu season.
6. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?
~ My Page-A-Day calendar holder.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having.
~ I don’t remember it clearly. It had to do with some man-eating fish, though. And, wouldn’t you know, the very next day, there was a story on the news about a piranha attack. Go figure.
8. Did you meet anybody new today?
9. What are you craving right now?
10. Do you floss?
~ I try to every day.
11. What comes to mind when I say ‘cabbage’?
~ Nana’s ham and cabbage dish. Good stuff.
12. Are you emotional?
~ You betcha.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
~ Just for fun, yes. To paraphrase Yakko Warner, “One, two, skip a few, nine hundred ninety-nine, one thousand.” There, I just did it.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick?
~ Both. Not at the same time, though.
15. Do you like your hair?
~ Ehh. It’s okay. On good days, it looks like Penny Lane’s hair from “Almost Famous.” On bad days, like today, it is lank and straight and bleah. I do try to take care of it!
16. Do you like yourself?
~ Yes. And it took me a long time to get that far, that I would readily admit that.
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
~ Who? No way.
18. What are you listening to right now?
~ The clacking of my keyboard keys as I type this, and whatever is on TV downstairs. Sounds like “Despicable Me 2.”
19. Are your parents strict?
~ No, not particularly. Their rules seemed harsh when I was growing up, but I can now appreciate how they raised me.
20. Would you go sky diving?
~ Probably not.
21. Do you like cottage cheese?
22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
~ No. My family’s claim to fame is we knew the guy who played the banjo for the Menards commercials. His name is Gary, and he worked at a music store with my mom. Nice guy.
23. Do you rent movies often?
~ No, but I sure do buy them like they’re going out of style.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
~ Yes. These four angel ornaments are in my shadow box:
25. How many countries have you visited?
~ Four – France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
26. Have you made a prank phone call?
~ No. Why would you want to?
27. Ever been on a train?
~ Yes. Once while living in Georgia, once while visiting Colorado.
28. Brown or white eggs?
~ White eggs. And is there really a difference? I’m not trying to be sarcastic in asking, I honestly want to know.
29. Do you have a colostomy bag?
30. Do you use chap stick?
~ Sort of. I use Carmex.
31. Do you own a gun?
~ No, and I don’t ever want to, either.
32. Can you use chop sticks?
~ No, but I’d love to learn how.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
~ My family.
34. Are you too forgiving?
~ I don’t know. No one’s done anything lately that needs forgiving.
35. Ever been in love?
~ No. Well, hard to say, actually.
36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
~ I don’t know. I don’t have a best friend(s). I have acquaintances and co-workers, but no friends.
37. Ever had cream puffs?
~ Once. I wasn’t too fond of them.
38. Last time you cried?
~ Last year, my hour-long crying jag at work.
39. What was the last question you asked?
~ “Should I put stuff away?” I put away the lunch leftovers.
40. Favorite time of the year?
~ Fall and winter.
41. Do you have any tattoos?
~ No, but I’ve often thought about getting one.
42. Are you sarcastic?
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
~ No, what’s that?
44. Ever walked into a wall?
~ ‘Run into a wall’ would be more accurate.
45. Favorite color?
46. Have you ever slapped someone?
~ Yes. And they’re right – it hurt me more than that someone.
47. Is your hair curly?
~ It is naturally curly/wavy, so yes.
48. What was the last CD you bought?
~ I bought three in one fell swoop, all Neko Case CDs – “The Virginian,” “Live in Austin, TX,” and “The Tigers Have Spoken.”
49. Do looks matter?
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
~ That depends, I guess.
51. Is your phone bill sky high?
52. Do you like your life right now?
~ Could be better, but mostly yes.
53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
~ Sometimes. Golf or Bob Ross will put me to sleep, guaranteed.
54. Can you handle the truth?
~ Uh, sure? Depends on what it is, I guess?
55. Do you have good vision?
~ No. I have to wear glasses all day every day. That’s the only way I have good vision.
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
57. How often do you talk on the phone?
~ Not as much as some people.
58. The last person you held hands with?
~ Never have.
59. What are you wearing?
60. What is your favorite animal?
~ I’m a cat person.
61. Where was your default picture taken?
~ Default picture? I dunno. This is my profile picture, though:
62. Can you hula hoop?
~ Yes. But it’s been a long time since I’ve done so.
63. Do you have a job?
~ Yes. I work as a records specialist at an insurance company.
64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
~ An angel figurine at our local Michael’s yesterday:
65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
~ Yes. Can’t remember why I did, but I have.