Dear John at writingthebody nominated me!
The rules are:
Link back the blogger that tagged you.
Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you.
Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.
Let your nominees know of their award.
My 10 nominees:
I’d like to try something different with this. Instead of nominating 10 people, or doing a blanket nomination, I’d like to start conversations. And I mean that. If you choose to participate, post the answers to my 10 questions below in a comment. That’s all. Thank you, and I really hope to hear from you.
My answers to John’s 10 questions:
1. What is your emotional reaction to leather?
~ I tend to avoid it, largely because of the sexual connotation it’s picked up. So, disgust, I guess, sorry to say.
2. To shoes?
~ I don’t go crazy over shoes like some women. I own exactly five pairs of shoes: a pair of sandals, a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of work-proper shoes, a pair of dressier formal shoes, and a pair of boots for the winter months. That’s it. And I wear each pair until they wear themselves out, which most of them have, so I do need to get all new shoes. Eventually.
3. To fur? fake or true?
~ Something else I tend to avoid. I don’t like the idea of fur, whether it’s fake or real.
4. How cruel are you able to be? Give an example.
~ Silent treatments. That’s as cruel as I can be. Then again, seeing as how I don’t talk much, it’s not really that cruel, I guess. I’m just not a cruel person. I’m the type of person who wouldn’t harm a ladybug if they’re in the house – I catch them and put them outside!
5. How much cruelty can you bear? Give an example.
~ I was bullied as a kid, so I can handle quite a bit now. The worst of it was whenever I’d get backed into a corner. Because of that, I’m sort of claustrophobic.
6. Chocolate is cruel….isn’t it? Comment….
~ Chocolate, cruel? Nah! I don’t think so. I don’t like it very much, but every now and then, I need it as a pick-me-up.
7. Last time you found it hard to drag yourself up out of bed….feeling low I mean.
~ That’s a majority of the time lately. A few days ago, I cried myself to sleep, and I did not want to get out of bed in the morning. But I had to go to work.
8. Post your favourite song of the last 12 months.
~ Hmm, that’s tough. I don’t listen to the radio at all anymore, so none of the music I like is necessarily new. My favorite song of the past 12 months? I have an ever-changing list of favorite songs! Let’s go with this one, from the 1985 movie “A Chorus Line.” It is a song I want to learn to sing and perform, so I’ve been listening to it a lot lately. It’s also the inspiration behind a short story I wrote once (might post it later). The song is called “Nothing,” and in the movie it was performed by Yamil Borges as Morales.
9. Do you like sex or the idea of sex better?
~ As I’ve never had sex before, I guess it’d have to be the idea of sex, even though that scares me, too.
10. Sex by yourself or with someone else?
~ Once again, never had sex, either by myself or with someone else. Make of that….well, nothing to make of it. So there.
My 10 questions to my nominees:
1. Inspired by Woody Paige, do you like bacon? (Because Woody’s board on “Around the Horn” read “You either like bacon or you’re wrong;” for the record, I’m not a big bacon eater.)
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
3. What is your favorite time of day?
4. If someone you loved were to tell you they were mentally ill, what would your reaction be?
5. What is your favorite kind of music?
6. What would your dream home be like?
7. Are you a sports fan? If so, which sport do you like most? If not, why not?
8. Do you like rocks?
9. Inspired by Lewis Carroll, “Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?”
10. How are you doing right now?
In other news, I have my book all planned out. Now I’ve just got to put it all together. Might be ready before the holidays. Who knows?