John at writingthebody nominated me! It brightened my day. And it is appropriate, because the whole purpose of ‘the basement’ was to head towards the light. Thank you, my friend!
THE RULES ARE:
1 – Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you and link him/her to your blog.
2 – Nominate 10 other bloggers.
3 – Copy and paste the award logo on your blog.
4 – Answer the questions given.
My 10 nominees:
Gabbie at Tell me, when will my life begin?
Oggs at brilliantly befuddled
Meggie at meggie’s fervor
The Soulcerer’s Apprentice
[Witty Title Here]
My answers to John’s questions:
1. Do you believe in an afterlife?
~ Yes. Because there are some people I would love to see again, namely Father Mike and several others (the ‘several others’ are other stories for another time).
2. Describe the most beautiful food you have ever eaten.
~ I don’t know. I don’t look at food as beautiful most times, because I have a love-hate relationship with food. I know one of the better tasting things I’ve ever eaten came courtesy of Red Robin, with their turkey and avocado sandwich. Ooh, I know! Ricotta pancakes! I mean, they’re pancakes so they’re not much to look at, but they taste great, very rich. Can’t tell you where I ate them at, because that’d give something away, but they are to die for.
3. What is the favourite thing you like to cook?
~ I can cook just about anything with the right ingredients and a good recipe. I like making sweets for the family, like cookies or brownies. And lately I’ve been trying to perfect spaghetti sauce. It’s not so much making the sauce as it is getting the spices just right.
4. Have you ever been so attracted to someone that even if he or she said something cruel to you you did not mind it?
~ No. That has not happened to me.
5. Have you ever been stuck in a situation you feel you cannot escape – if so describe it.
~ All the time. It’s almost metaphorical, in that I’m sometimes trapped by fears and thoughts and feelings. I’ve said before there are times I wish I could stop thinking, and I really do mean that. The other day, I almost had another crying jag at work, because of particular thoughts. But I curbed it, with work. Thank goodness for work.
6. Write out a stanza of a song that you think both really well done, sung, and reads well….
~ Gosh, there are several songs that I think both read well and are sung well. I’ll leave you this particular stanza, from Unfinished Thought’s song “Star Fighter”: “….Remember brighter days we’ve lost to eternity/Star-felt fighter quickly fades into obscurity/Forgotten fire not the blaze it claimed to be/Falling farther, broken mirrors blame misery/And whatever happened to you?/These eyes used to be so blue….” I won’t post the song yet – you’ll have to wait on that, or else go find it for yourself. It is one of my favorite songs ever.
7. Has anyone ever slapped your face? Have you ever slapped anyone’s face? Describe if so,….
~ I have not slapped or been slapped since I was about a teenager. It hurts, both ways. When I was slapped, my cheek stung and burned for a while afterwards, as did my shame, and when I slapped someone, my hand stung and burned afterwards, as did my anger. So.
8. Who is the movie star you find most attractive at present?
~ Oh, like you have to ask me? Nicolas Cage. *blushing madly* I cannot wait to see “Joe” and “The Frozen Ground.”
9. Why do people think it is ok to vilify harmless public figures….like Rebecca Black, Paris Hilton, David Beckham, Chrissy Crocker etc?
~ I honestly don’t know. I think it’s a kind of bullying, when people talk celebrities down. I don’t think it’s okay, so I don’t do it. Celebrities are people, just like everyone else. As the saying goes, “Be kind to everyone, because everyone is fighting their own battles,” or something like that. So I try to be.
10. Why, o why do you put up with me?
~ Because you’re honest and brave, and you are a true person, and you don’t mince words, and you’re inspiring, and your Zed stories have made me smile and think, and actually everything you’ve said and done and posted about has made me think, and because of that you are just a dear person. Why wouldn’t I put up with you?
My 10 questions to my 10 nominees:
1. What is something you always think ‘what if’ about?
2. Do you believe mental illness is a sin? Why or why not?
3. Do you have a pet? If not, what kind of pet would you like to have?
4. What is your favorite book ever, and why is it your favorite?
5. Do you like weather? What is your favorite aspect of weather?
6. Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?
7. What is the best thing you can do to relax?
8. What is something you always need to have with you, no matter what?
9. What do you usually do when your alarm goes off in the morning?
10. What’s your zombie plan? =)