1) Take the pledge by copying and pasting the following into a post featuring “Blog for Mental Health 2013″.
I pledge my commitment to the Blog For Mental Health 2013 Project. I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.
2) Link back to the person who pledged you.
~ Caterina at kissmeunderthepinkblossomtree, one of my dearest blog friends. Thank you, Caterina!
3) Write a short biography of your mental health, and what this means to you.
~ Depressed since birth (hindsight is a wonderful thing, and also thank you Jane Kenyon); self-diagnosed at age 12; professionally diagnosed at age 17. Professionally diagnosed with bipolar disorder at age 19. Recently professionally diagnosed with anxiety issues as well (in that I worry too much).
I am not always proud of all this, but I am not now nor will I ever be ashamed of it. Down with the stigma! I deal with it, and in my own special way.
What does all of this mean to me? Everything. So much so that I honestly don’t know what kind of person I’d really be had I not been diagnosed with a mental illness. I doubt I’d be here, and I doubt I’d like the person I was.
I’m meant to be me, mental illness(es) and all.
4) Pledge five others, and be sure to let them know!
5) Join the Official Blog For Mental Health 2013 Blogroll.
~ Will do, as soon as I get this posted!